Best Practices With Enrollment Rules

• 29 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi there!

What are some best practices around Enrollment Rules that you’ve used to help automate the learning experience (beyond the New Hire)? We’d greatly appreciate any advice or examples on how you may have setup these rules to have things run smoothly. Thanks in advance!

Adam Ballhaussen 1 year ago

I love the tips that have been shared in this thread so far! Thanks for starting the thread @rachelmrose, and thanks for chiming in @LDAlexPM3 @lrnlab @Bfarkas.

I’m taking this opportunity to share a few great resources to learn more about enrollments and enrollment rules:

I highly recommend checking out all of these resources, but as far as best practices go, the DU Live webinar featuring @Annarose.Peterson includes some great insights into enrollment strategies and leveraging enrollment rules to automate enrollments.

Lastly, I’ll chime in with more of a “tip” than a “best practice” of my own. The Enrollment Rules page in Docebo Learn can start to get a bit overwhelming as you start to create more enrollment rules in your platform. To help keep things sorted, establish a naming convention for the Codes of your enrollment rules. That way, you can use the search and/or sorting capabilities of the Enrollment Rules page to easily find the enrollment rule(s) you’re looking for.

Use the Search on the Enrollment Rules page to find specific rules or select any of the blue headers in the list to sort your enrollment rules by Code, Name, or Type

For your enrollment rule codes, I recommend following a naming convention similar to the approach recommended in this thread:

I'm excited to see others share more best practices here!

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

@rachelmrose We looked at the different User types we had and set them up in Groups. Then we looked at the training each Group would use/want access to and set up Enrollment Rules for each Group. We lumped the training for each Group into a Learning Plan for easier enrollment. So, any time an employee joins our organization, or transfers to a new position, the Enrollment Rules capture that employee and assigns them the required training.

We also set up Channels (if you have Discover, Coach & Share) modeled on the same Groups and gave the Channel the same training courses. That way, a User had access to the same course in different ways.

I hope this gives you a few ideas on how to make your Users’ learning experience seem seamless, and save your Admins time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Best practice when using Groups and Enrolments rules is to set up the Group shell first, followed by the Enrolment rules that uses the group(s) you just created, then you can activate (process) the groups to get everything working...If you activate the group before the the Enrolment Rule, it will not pick up those users that were in the group before the rule was activated; so it’s best to activate the Enrol rules first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is so important to remember @lrnlab , the number of times I don’t get why someone was missed and realize the order was wrong, and do a little shell game to fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I love the tips that have been shared in this thread so far! Thanks for starting the thread @rachelmrose, and thanks for chiming in @LDAlexPM3 @lrnlab @Bfarkas.

I’m taking this opportunity to share a few great resources to learn more about enrollments and enrollment rules:

I highly recommend checking out all of these resources, but as far as best practices go, the DU Live webinar featuring @Annarose.Peterson includes some great insights into enrollment strategies and leveraging enrollment rules to automate enrollments.

Lastly, I’ll chime in with more of a “tip” than a “best practice” of my own. The Enrollment Rules page in Docebo Learn can start to get a bit overwhelming as you start to create more enrollment rules in your platform. To help keep things sorted, establish a naming convention for the Codes of your enrollment rules. That way, you can use the search and/or sorting capabilities of the Enrollment Rules page to easily find the enrollment rule(s) you’re looking for.

Use the Search on the Enrollment Rules page to find specific rules or select any of the blue headers in the list to sort your enrollment rules by Code, Name, or Type

For your enrollment rule codes, I recommend following a naming convention similar to the approach recommended in this thread:

I'm excited to see others share more best practices here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Nice @Adam Ballhaussen thanks for consolidating all these together!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Super thx @Adam Ballhaussen