Question

CSS to hide GMT's city/location

Userlevel 4
Badge

Happy Friday!
I’m hoping that someone has CSS code to hide the GMT city? Please and thank you?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The CSS on this is not complicated but I am afraid it is all or nothing.

This will remove both the time and location setting.

/** Remove the time zone display **/

.timezone-desc {
display: none;
}

Here is the before and after

Userlevel 4
Badge

Oh, wow, OK I’ll bring this to my Team to see what they say. 
Much appreciated, Nicole

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Nicole - Well - I see now that there are lots of places this shows up and so what you have shown is probably not under the same code.

It may very well be more of an issue to find it in all of its locations.

Userlevel 4
Badge

OK, I just tried it and refreshed my tester page and it didn’t affect that area… I’ll refresh in 5 minutes to see if it’s a processing delay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Nicole - perhaps you could help me recreate the same location..?

I see you have a video conference going - is that within a course?

I don’t have an integration at the moment for a virtual space so not sure if I can test the specifics.

I can try to create a video conference within my test course and see if I can figure out something.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@gstager 
Yes, it’s within a course. I created an ILT, then a Session, then an Event.
You should be able to test it if you plug in a random website as your custom video link, that’s what I do at times to save the ILT until I get the instructor’s Zoom link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Nicole - my page result looks a little different but perhaps this will help. My fear, however, is that if you have multiple events - this may have to change and I am not sure it will affect other similar courses so do test.

/** Remove time zone detail deeper within an event **/

#panel- div.date-info.content > div:nth-child(1) > div > div {
display: none;
}

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @gstager I’ll try this now. Does it help to know that we only ever have 1 event tied to a session? It’s a pain, but I have to create an ILT+Session+Event for every meeting (whether Live or in person) as it’s the only way that meetings (dates picked and confirmed by our client) will show up on a learner’s calendar. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@gstager I tested this and the information still appears. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Nicole - Hmm - If we are both in the same spot - I would at least expect the same as I have shown above.

Possible barriers…

1. Browser support
  2. Other CSS with greater specificity
  3. We’re still looking at a different spot in Docebo
  4. Typo in CSS earlier that breaks stuff coming after
  5. Need hard refresh