Best Answer

Hiding catalog item count with CSS?

• 20 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We have discovered that our catalogs when filtered show the incorrect number.  When I filter the catalog the item count will update to a new number, for example, 18 items, but when I scroll down the catalog, there are waaaay more than 18 items.

I have a ticket open to figure out this issue, but curious, would anyone know if it is possible to just hide this item count with CSS? 

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 20 April 2022, 22:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Definitely sounds like a bug that should get squashed, but in the meantime:

.course-catalog-total-count {
display: none;
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This is exactly what we do!  Hide the item count and the filter/search bar 😀

@Annarose.Peterson I have a ticket open with Docebo for this exact issue as well.  It’s currently prioritized lower for resolution by the Development Team.  Another recent discovery we’ve had with catalog functionality is that if a learner clicks into our Course Catalog page (note: for catalog title translation purposes, we created multiple custom Course Catalog pages that contain four catalog widgets each) and then immediately applies filters, not all courses will display in the results (the page does not continue to load them when scrolling down).  The courses will show if the learner first clicks into a specific catalog and then applies the filters.  I have another ticket open for this scenario and it’s currently being evaluated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Shanon thanks for sharing that!  We have a couple of pages that have filtered catalogs.  I’ll go through and check to see if all courses are showing up!

Userlevel 3

Hide counter on My Courses and Learning Plan page.

/*****---remove card counter-----****/

.my-courses-and-learning-plans-total-count {

display: none;

}

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hide counter on My Courses and Learning Plan page.

/*****---remove card counter-----****/

.my-courses-and-learning-plans-total-count {

display: none;

}

Oh thank you for this as well!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Annarose.Peterson I have a ticket open with Docebo for this exact issue as well.  It’s currently prioritized lower for resolution by the Development Team.  Another recent discovery we’ve had with catalog functionality is that if a learner clicks into our Course Catalog page (note: for catalog title translation purposes, we created multiple custom Course Catalog pages that contain four catalog widgets each) and then immediately applies filters, not all courses will display in the results (the page does not continue to load them when scrolling down).  The courses will show if the learner first clicks into a specific catalog and then applies the filters.  I have another ticket open for this scenario and it’s currently being evaluated.

@Shanon Not if you got a response from your ticket you have open for the item count issue, but a possible fix was pushed yesterday.  I tested in my platform and the item count appears to be functional now.

If possible let me know about the second scenario.  We have similar pages with multiple catalog widgets and it is possible affecting our users as well!

@Shanon Not if you got a response from your ticket you have open for the item count issue, but a possible fix was pushed yesterday.  I tested in my platform and the item count appears to be functional now.

If possible let me know about the second scenario.  We have similar pages with multiple catalog widgets and it is possible affecting our users as well!

@Annarose.Peterson  Yes, thank you!  We can see the change as well with the correct count showing.  I’m anxious to get an update on my other ticket you mentioned - I’ll keep you posted!