Question

Hiding Outdated option

• 22 February 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there any way to hide the option on the course mini-menus to “Mark as Outdated”? Client either wants a text entry for the user to enter (already upvoted that idea) or for it to go away.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Theres no system setting for this unfortunately, and I just looked at a few spots where it appears to see if there are clean classes/id’s or something to do it with CSS and did not see a good approach to it.

Theres no system setting for this unfortunately, and I just looked at a few spots where it appears to see if there are clean classes/id’s or something to do it with CSS and did not see a good approach to it.

Thanks for this.  I am no CSS whiz so, I am asking my question based on limited knowledge. 

I see that the div “ui-card-button-actions ng-star-inserted” is for the 3 dots in the Course card and I can hide this using CSS.

Based on your review, do you believe that this div will be changed in other parts of the platform and therefore is “not clean”?

Or was your advice more directed to hiding one menu option, but not the entire menu itself?

Appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for this.  I am no CSS whiz so, I am asking my question based on limited knowledge. 

I see that the div “ui-card-button-actions ng-star-inserted” is for the 3 dots in the Course card and I can hide this using CSS.

Based on your review, do you believe that this div will be changed in other parts of the platform and therefore is “not clean”?

Or was your advice more directed to hiding one menu option, but not the entire menu itself?

Appreciate your help.

I think Bfarkas is saying that it would impact other areas of the platform - and eliminate menus, not that one item. I suspect that using “nth child” css tags you might be able to restrict to just the one item. 

I’ve had a few such issues and was usually able to handle it by restricting the CSS changes to certain pages. Which pages are you trying to hide this item on? If you can limit your scope appropriately AND get lucky to some extent with how Docebo programmed those specific pages, your request may be doable. 

Appreciate your help.

I think Bfarkas is saying that it would impact other areas of the platform - and eliminate menus, not that one item. I suspect that using “nth child” css tags you might be able to restrict to just the one item. 

I’ve had a few such issues and was usually able to handle it by restricting the CSS changes to certain pages. Which pages are you trying to hide this item on? If you can limit your scope appropriately AND get lucky to some extent with how Docebo programmed those specific pages, your request may be doable. 

Thanks for the response, lrodman.

I’m not sure about the user who started this thread but, I want to hide the whole menu at every occurrence.  Fully agree on the nth child recommendation for menu items.

I can look around the platform to see if hiding, “ui-card-button-actions ng-star-inserted” affects anything else.  If you have any thoughts about where/what else this might affect, I would love to hear them.  :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

@cschmierer If removing the entire “3dot” button is an option, you can test this out:

/* hide 3 dot button on course cards in homepage view */
.ui-carousel-items-track .ui-ripple {
display: none;

}

/* hide 3 dot button on course cards in mycourses + catalog view */
.my-courses-and-learning-plans-content-wrapper .ui-card-wrapper .ui-ripple {

}

This will remove the 3 dot menu from course cards on pages and in the “my courses” and “course catalog” views (do test on your side 😉) 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@cschmierer If removing the entire “3dot” button is an option, you can test this out:

This will remove the 3 dot menu from course cards on pages and in the “my courses” and “course catalog” views (do test on your side 😉) 

Thank you!  I was stumped and trying to work with the CSS for the ui-card-header-badges.  But that removes all the flags (Enrolled status, Instructor, etc.)

Your code solves issue of users marking the items Outdated in the first place.  We don’t use Playlists and no reason for our users to Hide items, so we are comfortable with hiding the dot options completely!  

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Allan I am interested in using the CSS you have above. I tried it out but it did not remove the 3 dots. See image below. Does this not work with the new course player maybe? Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Allan I am interested in using the CSS you have above. I tried it out but it did not remove the 3 dots. See image below. Does this not work with the new course player maybe? Thank you in advance!

@lsippell  I’ve not tested in the new course player - we haven’t deployed that yet. Waiting on some UX concerns get ironed out on the Docebo side.  There’s a huge amount of changes made under the hood for the NCP, so it’s possible there’s some adjustments or new entries needed for the CSS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@lsippell  I’ve not tested in the new course player - we haven’t deployed that yet. Waiting on some UX concerns get ironed out on the Docebo side.  There’s a huge amount of changes made under the hood for the NCP, so it’s possible there’s some adjustments or new entries needed for the CSS.

Yup, basically if you have any custom CSS going for the course player area, it most likely will be impacted, and with all the changes they are still fixing/pushing out, not really worth the struggle of figuring those out quite yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Allan @Bfarkas Thank you both for the replies! This is great info. I will keep in mind that the CSS I’m interested in will need to probably wait until everything is ironed out regarding the new course player. 

Have there been any updates to the CSS with the new course player? It is so prominent and literally any user can mark a course outdated

Userlevel 5
Badge

This is crazy and a really silly thing to have in the platform with no mitigation.  We should be able to opt out of these kinds of things.  I have 80,000 registered users.  This Mark Outdated thing is really time consuming to try to manage.  I’ve got users that mark it “outdated” thinking that’s how they’re supposed to check off that they read it.  Sigh.  Things get marked outdated as soon as I post them.  Really, only certain roles should be able to decide and flag that something is outdated.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

/* hide 3 dot button on course cards in homepage view */
.ui-carousel-items-track .ui-ripple {

}

/* hide 3 dot button on course cards in mycourses + catalog view */
.my-courses-and-learning-plans-content-wrapper .ui-card-wrapper .ui-ripple {

}

I just tried these and wanted to add.

The first option likely works if you have the “Card” option listed, but if you have the widget displayed as a “list” instead, you need different code.  This seems to have worked.

/* hide 3 dot button on course list in homepage view */

.ui-list-item-wrapper .ui-ripple {

}