Anyone else using Power Automate with Docebo APIs to

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have built a custom connector into our organizations office365 power automate setup which allows me to build mini-apps to solve problems quickly. Wondering if anyone else is doing similar, and what they are doing. A few examples of how we have been using or are working on now are:

• ILT/Classroom Scheduling Tool: A wizard experience to let our users schedule and enroll users into sessions quickly, view overview video on it here
  • Send hourly reports to an FTP server for processing, changing the format slightly. This keeps us from needing to configure 24 automations for each report.
  • Set time zones for users on creation based on what office they are in.
  • Bulk add users to a manual group from a csv file of usernames or email addresses.
  • Send a daily report to our national instructors of the enrollment status of their classes each morning.
  • Monitor for new branch creation and update processes based on it.
  • Use a csv file with 4 pieces of information per session to schedule 150 ILT sessions a month for our national faculty. The session, event, and calendar invites are all generated automatically.
  • Create our own registration calendar of specific ILT sessions with different views, status, and deep links.
  • Convert two reports into a Jason page available on a secure server for the analyst team to set as data sources for excel analysis.
  • Manage/delete auto generated tags on content we do not want.
  • Remove users who registered for a Classroom session but did not attend so that they can enroll in a future one easier (no need to find the switch options). This also sends a notification which encourages the user to enroll in another session, and gives them the ability to immediately appeal that they attended to keep these from stretching out forever.
  • Add an inline support form to every course page to provide relevant imformation/questions to the user and supply us with the course ID, User ID, and all other user information we would want along with computer session information in order to provide better support.

Curious what others are doing :) 

24 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

These are amazing! Thank you for sharing. I would love to hear more about several. Please DM if that is possible.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This is awesome! @Bfarkas  I am looking into this at the moment but considering I only found out what API’s were a few months ago it might take me a bit of time, to get to your level.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This is amazing!  I am hoping to learn from a colleague who knows a lot about Power Automate and APIs so that we can do some of this.  Top of our list is a QR scanning app where you can scan a QR code to register your attendance at an ILT event automatically (this is what is being designed at the moment, and I am hoping to see how it is put together).  Then we want to do the same as you have done with the removal of non attendees in ILT sessions, and I LOVE the session scheduler tool.  Wonder if we could do something like that, but lets you create a course from scratch!  So many ideas running through my head!

Userlevel 4

Those do sound amazing. Are there any that you could or would be willing to share? I see there is an option to share automations and we use O365…. sooooo I was thinking that could help out and get the ball rolling on my end to see if we can push more that way. :)

Userlevel 1

I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing.  If you could share what you’ve done, that would be incredible.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Anyone doing similar with anything in the Google Suite? We’re not a M365 corporation, sadly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Those do sound amazing. Are there any that you could or would be willing to share? I see there is an option to share automations and we use O365…. sooooo I was thinking that could help out and get the ball rolling on my end to see if we can push more that way. :)

There are methods for sharing, however this would not be simple since it would require the custom connector to be shared and configured appropriately and the bring in the flows, they are also incredibly customized to our specific use case right now. I have been thinking about developing a few “modules” that could be easily deployed to other environments. If theres enough call for it/use cases that make sense I would move forward. Feel free to think through some general pain points that might fall into that category.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing.  If you could share what you’ve done, that would be incredible.

Which aspect are you looking at? These were a series of highly complex implementations. I am thinking of writting a few up, trying to get a feel for the value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Anyone doing similar with anything in the Google Suite? We’re not a M365 corporation, sadly.

You might be better off just working with Docebo Connect/Workato at that point, you want a robust integration setup that can handle the API build’s itself and the google version is not as strong with some of the setup unfortunately. Other tools like Zapier and Workato let you connect into the google parts of the ecosystem most use.

Userlevel 4

There are methods for sharing, however this would not be simple since it would require the custom connector to be shared and configured appropriately and the bring in the flows, they are also incredibly customized to our specific use case right now. I have been thinking about developing a few “modules” that could be easily deployed to other environments. If theres enough call for it/use cases that make sense I would move forward. Feel free to think through some general pain points that might fall into that category.

Understood. But let me ask this, were you able to do this from out of the box connections in Teams, or did you have to buy some of the HTTP actions?
Perhaps you could outline a framework of what you did? I was thinking of working on one that took the data from a form which then puts it on a spreadsheet. From there I wanted to potentially automate the course shell creation process. I may not have budget for any add on modules but if you did not need them, then I have hope :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Understood. But let me ask this, were you able to do this from out of the box connections in Teams, or did you have to buy some of the HTTP actions?
Perhaps you could outline a framework of what you did? I was thinking of working on one that took the data from a form which then puts it on a spreadsheet. From there I wanted to potentially automate the course shell creation process. I may not have budget for any add on modules but if you did not need them, then I have hope :)

So the big thing I did to get going is built a custom connector in power automate, which I believe requires a premium account, but not 100% on that. The beauty of the custom connector is you do some front end work to program it to use the api and settings, and then it shows up as just another connector to use in your flows, let’s you do things fast and easy once the connector has the needed api in it. It then is kind of like docebo connect/workato, just in the office365 ecosystem. I do use the http connector for other systems like Adobe connect, and to connect flows into series but I wouldn’t say they are required. The connector was the piece that once I had figured out was a game changer for fast development and solves. If your account allows for it, you are set. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I should spend some time cleaning the connector up, I believe I can export it and then others can import for use, just right now it’s very heavy on the items I needed, should add some other items that would be normal, I guess if people add what types of calls would be useful I can work on that a bit. 

Userlevel 3

@Bfarkas this is amazing!! Would you be willing to elaborate on these (the two in bold most importantly):

• Convert two reports into a Jason page available on a secure server for the analyst team to set as data sources for excel analysis.
  • Manage/delete auto generated tags on content we do not want.
  • Use a csv file with 4 pieces of information per session to schedule 150 ILT sessions a month for our national faculty. The session, event, and calendar invites are all generated automatically.
  • Create our own registration calendar of specific ILT sessions with different views, status, and deep links.
  • Add an inline support form to every course page to provide relevant imformation/questions to the user and supply us with the course ID, User ID, and all other user information we would want along with computer session information in order to provide better support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@rebeccam yesI can. I am traveling this week so operating from phone which is not best for describing, made a note to circle back to when I return to a proper computer though. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Bfarkas So many of your uses sound great and would help us greatly. I am most interested in the same bullets below as @rebeccam to start. I have a new team member joining next week that will be responsible for our automation and will make sure he joins Community as soon as he is onboard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@tonya.clark sounds good, can easily post about some of these. I did detail the calendar a bit in a thread a while back:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Shanon check these ideas out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Stay tuned, now that school is over for a few weeks, plan to start doing some detailed sharing :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Bfarkas - did you write it all yourself or are there recipes out there to get the integration started? I’m fairly competent with Power Automate once there’s a connector… but I can’t find a Docebo connector.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Bfarkas - did you write it all yourself or are there recipes out there to get the integration started? I’m fairly competent with Power Automate once there’s a connector… but I can’t find a Docebo connector.

You create a custom connector, posting all about how to do this to the community very soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For those of you interested, we started a base custom connector you can add to your Power Automate environment. Right now the focus was on enrollments and scheduling, but we intend to grow its support over time. Also going to make some simple flow recipes for sharing soon too once we gather the feedback on what folks would find useful.

Anyways, readily available for adding now on https://fark.tools

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So the big thing I did to get going is built a custom connector in power automate, which I believe requires a premium account, but not 100% on that. The beauty of the custom connector is you do some front end work to program it to use the api and settings, and then it shows up as just another connector to use in your flows, let’s you do things fast and easy once the connector has the needed api in it. It then is kind of like docebo connect/workato, just in the office365 ecosystem. I do use the http connector for other systems like Adobe connect, and to connect flows into series but I wouldn’t say they are required. The connector was the piece that once I had figured out was a game changer for fast development and solves. If your account allows for it, you are set. 

How much did MS charge for the connector? It sounds like this is bidirectional and would solve all my problems… someday!

Also, your connector is purely using API right, so the 1000 a day limit would have impacts yes? Can always run calls from 7-11pm anyway. I’d rather have a Docebo connector to MSPA though from what it sounds like, if one exists, which I guess is not the case still?

Userlevel 3

Hey @Bfarkas,

Many thanks for your posting! We are starting to use Power Automate in combination with the system. We don’t have many use cases yet, but we already have a custom connector working. I’ve found working in combination with Postman is helping quite a bit. Looking forward to exchange use cases! 😊

Docebo also offers Docebo Connect, which is based on Workato. It is also an interesting tool, but I’m more confident with Power Automate (at least for now.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Totally, I am so interested in workato/docebo connect access just o play and build recipes, but it is just the same as power automate at the end of the day. Only big difference is you need someone to build that custom connector first, otherwise redundant product and cost.