Best Answer

API + Webhooks: Completed Learning Plan

• 31 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello!

I am working with an engineer from our company’s AMS and they are handling the API push & pull integrations, so apologies ahead if I don’t explain something correctly. We are nearing the end of our setup period and are hoping to go live soon. However, we are running into a bit of a snag:

Is there a webhook that exists for when a User/Learner completes a Learning Plan?

For example, we sell a product called a “micro-credential.” There are often 8-12 assignments required to complete so we package it as one registration event on our site, and then I designed it as a Learning Plan within Docebo and added those 8-12 courses to the learning plan. The next step I want to happen is that our AMS updates the user’s registration record once they have “completed” the learning plan so I can track it. However, we tried to look and don’t see a webhook for something like that. We only see a webhook for when “user completes a course”

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

icon

Best answer by ryan.s 1 September 2021, 02:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @rwolz! Your research is exactly right. Currently we only offer webhooks at the course enrollment level.

One workaround you can try is to use a final course at the end of your learning plan that has all the other courses as pre-requisites, acting as a finish line. Each of these finish line courses can be unique and only used within their learning plans. They could contain something simple like a wrap-up message or a survey.

You can then set up a webhook to trigger when learners complete courses, and the logic within your integration to check if the course completed is related to the micro-credential learning plan’s final course.

Feel free to reach out if you need any help!

Userlevel 2

Hey @rwolz! Your research is exactly right. Currently we only offer webhooks at the course enrollment level.

One workaround you can try is to use a final course at the end of your learning plan that has all the other courses as pre-requisites, acting as a finish line. Each of these finish line courses can be unique and only used within their learning plans. They could contain something simple like a wrap-up message or a survey.

You can then set up a webhook to trigger when learners complete courses, and the logic within your integration to check if the course completed is related to the micro-credential learning plan’s final course.

Thank you so much! That makes a lot of sense. I’ll play around with surveys and the prerequisites. Should be able to get a good solution out of that. If Docebo ever does offer a webhook for learning plans, I’ll integrate it!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ah yes but you should put this in the Idea Portal!

Userlevel 1

Hey @rwolz! Your research is exactly right. Currently we only offer webhooks at the course enrollment level.

I have the same needs, the finish line course is a workaround. Sometimes it will make the learning plan not look great. I will prefer there is a web hook for learning plan completion.

Userlevel 2

I have the same needs, the finish line course is a workaround. Sometimes it will make the learning plan not look great. I will prefer there is a web hook for learning plan completion.

@zhou80bin I created this idea for Docebo if you feel like upvoting it. Thank you for your contribution to this discussion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Another potential workaround here, although not as real time, is to setup an hourly report of completions of the specific learning plans. This report can be pulled via API and then ingested by your process to trigger other actions. I have done a few things like this with an overnight process where immediacy was not needed.