Best Answer

Can I change the dates of the Active Users report to a monthly report?

Userlevel 1

Our Active Users report is sceduled in periods that start in the middle of one month to the middle of the following month. Is there a way to change the report so I can run it for an entire month, and that month only?  For example, February 1 - 28th. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by dklinger 5 March 2022, 21:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In short - nope. My understanding - It is a canned report AND the start date of your contract is what is driving your active user counts (and when they get reset).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

In short - nope. My understanding - It is a canned report AND the start date of your contract is what is driving your active user counts (and when they get reset).

This is my understanding as well. I do a couple other reports/API pulls to simulate this with custom timeframes based on log in times essentially. Not perfect, but gets the job done.

Userlevel 1

Thank you both for the response. I can stop looking now. Makes no sense that they wouldn’t set that report to be monthly if we can’t make updates. Who needs the metrics from the middle of one month to the next. I would think the report would be more useful for most people if it was monthly. :rolling_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jschmutz - Could I get marked as a best answer kind sir?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Our active user report runs from the first to the last day of the month. I guess this means we were lucky with the start date of our contract.

Userlevel 1

@dklinger Do I look like a “sir” :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jschmutz - if I could edit it? I would….but I cant….sorry….

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Our active user report runs from the first to the last day of the month. I guess this means we were lucky with the start date of our contract.

I dont think that is what it means @Daniel 

Check your contract start date….because everyone has the same monthly runs….

Userlevel 2
Badge

I use the new custom reports and run the Users report and select the “Users Last access date” then I just sort by month. Its a pain, but then I can at least get the info from the 1st to the last day of the month! 

Userlevel 3

@cathyp I believe there is a difference between the Active Users Report and the Users custom report.  The active users report reports on users that have logged in AND accessed some sort of training collateral.  The Users report just counts the number of folks who have logged in.  For us, that is a huge difference as we get a fair number of folks who log in to see what it is, maybe look at what is available, but don’t take any courses.  

If someone knows something different please chime in.