Docebo Connect for Udemy Business

• 28 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I have some news for those of you who are using Udemy and Docebo. Previously I used to use Tray.io; we moved our connection from tray.io to Docebo connect. I couldn’t be any happier. Daniele and Stefania from Docebo have done a fantastic job. If you want to have a tour give me a shout.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you @Salvo! I’m tagging @StefaniaErrigo @daniele.minoia directly so they can see this awesome feedback 🙂

Userlevel 2

Hi @Salvo 

Great to hear, I am trying it out, it seems very easy to use.

Can you confirm if I understand Tray.io ‘s possibilities correctly ?

• We included the same Docebo survey from Central Repository at the end of each course
  • A a result, we need to download each survey, manually, one by one before collating results in a single spreadsheet (obviously hugely time consuming)
  1. Tray.io could query the database and collect the results of all the surveys at once to analyse in a spreadsheet
    OR
  2. Tray.io can add the course name in each SurveyMonkey iframed at the end of each course

I hope this makes sense. I would appreciate your advice on this before I invest too much time in the wrong tool. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi sorry just seen this now.

unfortunately we terminated the contract with tray.io 

we never used tray for this type of integration.

ideally option 1 should be feasible, for what I remember 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Salvo 

Great to hear, I am trying it out, it seems very easy to use.

Can you confirm if I understand Tray.io ‘s possibilities correctly ?

• We included the same Docebo survey from Central Repository at the end of each course
  • A a result, we need to download each survey, manually, one by one before collating results in a single spreadsheet (obviously hugely time consuming)
  1. Tray.io could query the database and collect the results of all the surveys at once to analyse in a spreadsheet
    OR
  2. Tray.io can add the course name in each SurveyMonkey iframed at the end of each course

I hope this makes sense. I would appreciate your advice on this before I invest too much time in the wrong tool. Thanks

I’d assume you could accomplish option 1 with tray. You’d basically need to recreate the processes outlined here:

Alternatively, for route 2, is the iframe in the course package? The course id number is in the browser URL as a variable, so should be easy depending on tool using to build course to add this to the iframe url on page load, then you can record the url variable from the iframe url into a question on the survey automatically and have it logged on each submission for you, no integration or third party needed. 

Hi @Salvo! I’m working on our Udemy connection and am wondering if you all were able to limit which courses were imported into Docebo? We’ve had some issues with filtering either by course title or language and are looking for a recipe example with those filters. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

@cjperezsimmons Hi there, we are new to Docebo Connect, just launched our LMS on June 12, 2023. We had to customize our Udemy recipe to put all of the courses into the Udemy Catalog, and then we did a file import of the 21K courses on a csv to map the language, duration, and category/subcategory.

It was a huge lift. Once we were live with the right categories, etc...I found out that the learner will always go to the Udemy platform to consume the content...so all of that work was basically for nothing.

Our enrollment on Udemy syncs with the learner profile on Docebo and that’s ultimately what we wanted to achieve, it just costs so much for Docebo, we wanted to keep people in the platform to learn. Very disappointing to find out that it’s not possible to inline the content. Reach out if you ever need to work through any issues you’re experiencing. I am happy to help with my limited experience in Docebo.

Kim

@Kimberly Newton we are right now working on configuring Docebo Connect for Udemy for Business.  I’d be really interested to connect with you for shared insights.  We were planning to do the same thing - to map the Udemy taxonomy to our Docebo LMS catalogs.  Would love to see what your end result looks like and how the “lift” you did did not result in what you wanted.

best,

mary