High-stakes, testing and certification solutions

• 23 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Has anyone integrated a high-stakes, testing and certification solution? If so, curious to hear what provider you’re using and what integration method you’re using. I’ve tried two different provider solutions with LTI with little luck.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @erik_davis! Great question. By “high-stakes”, do you mean to say that these tests need a high level of credibility? If so, are you looking for solutions that offer some sort of proctoring? I have experience working with Kryterion Webassessor, using Salesforce and Docebo’s External Training feature to track completion of exams within Docebo. I’m happy to share more info about that experience if you’re interested.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’d be interested in learning more about your experience, Adam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’d be interested in learning more about your experience, Adam.

@jmkachidurian I am happy to share some details with you!

At my previous organization, we had a certification program that consisted of a number of “tracks” for certification, each with their own exam. We provided a learning plan as the primary study method for each exam, so one learning plan per one exam. We offered a basic 101 exam that was un-proctored and free, available from directly within Docebo (created as a test with a number of rotating questions stored in the question bank). When users passed the basic 101 exam, they’d receive a badge from Credly. We achieved this via a webhook in Docebo.

Our 201 level exams and beyond were all paid and proctored, so we used an integration between Docebo and Salesforce, and Salesforce and Kryterion Webassessor, to pass a user’s credentials from one platform to the other to allow them to register and take exams via Kryterion’s online proctoring platform or in person at a testing center. Upon passing these exams, the test-taker would receive a badge from Credly (via a separate integration) and would have the certification exam added as an external training activity in Docebo via API. We were still trying to figure out certification maintenance when I left the organization. 

I would not recommend going with Kryterion Webassessor for a number of reasons. The greatest being that their platform is fairly archaic and difficult to work with from an integration standpoint. I’ve heard good things about ProctorU but can’t speak from experience with any other vendors.

@erik_davis I’m curious what providers you tried previously and if you’ve found anything promising since posting this?

Hey @Adam Ballhaussen, sorry for the tardy response. By high stakes I was referring to exams that use some form of security to prevent or discourage people from cheating--whether through virtual, in-person proctoring, AI proctoring, browser locking, etc. I attempted to integrate with both Kryterion and Caveon using LTI to no avail, and both companies threw in engineering resources to try to figure it out. What finally worked for me was Kryterion’s SCORM export.  

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have previously used ProctorFree, with Brillium and Accredible to handle our proctored certifications.

Proctor free works OK but we have some users who cannot, use it (linux users) and some who are unable to install due to corporate regulations. We are looking to remove the proctoring side by building higher quality question pools, and add in practical elements to the certifications. You can’t remove cheating 100% but you can mitigate against a lot of things. Built in proctoring tools would be useful, but I believe this will be tricky to achieve across the breadth of users/devices/operating systems/corporate rules. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are using Credly currently. Do you know if there is an integration with Docebo? We manually manage it using reports from Docebo.

Hi @erik_davis - We are looking to integrate Docebo with Caveon. Can you share more information on the solution you have?