Question

Update a learner's learning plan end date via the API

• 3 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there I’d love if anyone has an answer for this question below. Tried reaching out to help chat but didn’t really get a proper answer.

Via the API how can we edit the LEARNER’s learning plan end date? Assume a learning plan expires after 6 months and if the user purchases a extension for another 4 months how can we streamline this to make it automatic via the APIs to update the user’s learning plan end date? I know we can manually do this via the learning plan tab in the admin portal but I am looking for an automatic way. 

Would love any feedback. Thanks. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3

I am searching for this as well and found out that this is not available through the API. Have you had any updates on this?

I am also looking for a way to do this.

Userlevel 2

The solution that I was able to implement which is not the best is to use the API to remove the user from the learning plan, and re-assign them with a new start and end date. The progress stays the same since course progress remains. 

Userlevel 3

The solution that I was able to implement which is not the best is to use the API to remove the user from the learning plan, and re-assign them with a new start and end date. The progress stays the same since course progress remains. 

We ended up doing that in the end. Created a csv of the users’ IDs and LP IDs and unenrolled and reenrolled them.