AICC Course Development

• 1 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello Docebo Community,
We currently work with 3rd party vendors that have AICC courses which we utilize within the platform and they have the ability to charge based on usage. Does anyone have documentation or have the expertise to build these type (AICC) of courses so we can offer the same to our external clients?

Thanks in advamce.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jkingAICC is simply (well, maybe not the best choice of words 😉) a format when you publish a course from a modern course creation application such as Articulate or Adobe. I used AICC exclusively on another platform and never needed specific knowledge or skills to do so. We used this format because it created less traffic between the course and the LMS.

I would ask your content creator what types of data their courses offer (to the reporting systems). Maybe this would give you some insight into what you are getting charged for. This is the only area I can think of that might have some type of skill or expertise involved.

As for what you would need, you likely just need to know how to export to AICC from your content application, and create an AICC course in Docebo, which is just a standard part of the Training Materials dialog.

Badge

@KMallette - Thanks for the info. I know we can publish AICC via Storyline, but how could we control access for external clients. For example, is there ways to determine how many times that access the course/ cut off access to the course if payment is not received, etc…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jking I think you’re actually talking about ecommerce, not AICC. To my knowledge, AICC isn’t strictly involved in payments. As I understand ecommerce, the enrollment isn’t made until payment is complete.

I’m not an ecommerce expert, so I shouldn’t advise you. Perhaps this KB article can help fill in some gaps for you. https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124559-Selling-Courses-Online-with-the-E-Commerce-App

Badge

@KMallette - Ok. Thanks for the info.