Allow Managers to Enroll User to Specific ILT Session

• 11 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Currently, managers can enroll users into an ILT, but they cannot enroll the user into a specific session for that ILT. This is problematic for us because our new hires’ first ILT is on their first day of employment. They have no way of logging into the platform to enroll themselves into the ILT session for their first day of training. Has anyone experienced this and have a workaround?

8 replies

Userlevel 3

Have you considered not making this a manager task?  We had HR provide the new hire list to the instructor for the first day class since the instructor can assign people to the specific session. This would prevent issues when the manager was on vacation or traveling and unable to make the assignment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Currently, managers can enroll users into an ILT, but they cannot enroll the user into a specific session for that ILT. This is problematic for us because our new hires’ first ILT is on their first day of employment. They have no way of logging into the platform to enroll themselves into the ILT session for their first day of training. Has anyone experienced this and have a workaround?

Wait a minute - can someone walk me through that? A manager can enroll their person into an ILT but not a specific session??? Then why enroll the person? What is the benefit? Can the ILT then send a message to the user about that enrollment with further instructions of what to do???

Userlevel 1

@dklinger, I haven’t found a notification that can be configured to notify the user about the enrollment in the course so they know they need to enroll in a session. There are no notifications specific to this. 

Userlevel 4

@dklinger, I haven’t found a notification that can be configured to notify the user about the enrollment in the course so they know they need to enroll in a session. There are no notifications specific to this. 

There is a notification for “user enrolled in a course” that would trigger when the user is enrolled into the ILT course alone. We used this notification with customized text to notify learners that they were enrolled in (for example) “New Hire Training for Denver” and to return to the LMS and choose a session, we provided a “Take Me To The Course” button in the email to make it easier. 

Then when they enroll into a session they would get the “User enrolled in an ILT session” notification as confirmation. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Jenna M. We ended up doing something very similar to this as well. Good to know the direction we took is what others have done.

Userlevel 2

Did anyone figure out a solution to not being able to assign a session to a direct report?  The Instructor thing will not work for me as we are trying to make sure multiple people are not out at the same time

Userlevel 1

Did anyone figure out a solution to not being able to assign a session to a direct report?  The Instructor thing will not work for me as we are trying to make sure multiple people are not out at the same time

@joshsanderson, we haven’t found a way for managers to assign a session to a direct report. We are using notifications to alert the employee to the enrollment in the ILT course and inform them they need to enroll in a session.

Userlevel 1

Managers frequently ask about this, and we desperately need it. I submitted an idea in hopes this functionality can be added.