Looking for a Free Voice over tool

• 20 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Team, 

Giving a brief intro about my organization : 

• New to Learning and Training. No Prior experience to trainings, E learning, LMS. Few employees new to Training as a concept.  

Now my concern is: 

We are about to launch our Docebo LMS this week, we don't have any licensed authoring tool or any apps to create e-learning.

I have a few PowerPoint presentations Which I would like to upload on the LMS after the launch, I want to add voice over using an app which has various accents (considering we have employees from various locations). Also, the files should be compatible with Docebo.

Looking for your suggestions for free tools that I can use for same, also want them to be user friendly for our SMEs who aren't that tech savvy.

Thanks

Ami 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Amikotak I don’t think it’s free, exactly, but we use Maestra https://app.maestrasuite.com/login This is a really great tool. We use it for VO, for transcription, for VO translation.

Userlevel 1

@AmikotakI don’t think it’s free, exactly, but we use Maestra https://app.maestrasuite.com/login This is a really great tool. We use it for VO, for transcription, for VO translation.

Thank you for the prompt response, I might sound naive but the files created using this are compatible with Docebo right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Amikotak Don’t worry… we all have to start learning somewhere, right? 🙂

So the files that you’d create in Maestra are added into your content creation tool. Something like Articulate or Captivate. When you publish the content, then the Scorm/AICC/xAPI protocols become responsible for telling the Docebo course player how to play the files.

So… yes, they are compatible, but Docebo won’t interact with them directly.

Userlevel 1

@AmikotakDon’t worry… we all have to start learning somewhere, right? 🙂

So the files that you’d create in Maestra are added into your content creation tool. Something like Articulate or Captivate. When you publish the content, then the Scorm/AICC/xAPI protocols become responsible for telling the Docebo course player how to play the files.

So… yes, they are compatible, but Docebo won’t interact with them directly.

Thank, I am new to e-learning and this message certainly gave me a boost for today:)

I understood the part that Maestra will talk to Authoring tools, however my concern is we dont have any authoring tools yet in the company. Its traditional powerpoints at the moment.

Ami

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Amikotak Ah … understand now … sorry.

I’m not 100% familiar with the file formats of Maestra. For PPT files, however, you’ll want to use a .mp3 format. This is such a common file format that I can’t imagine that Maestra doesn’t also support that format.

Userlevel 1

@AmikotakAh … understand now … sorry.

I’m not 100% familiar with the file formats of Maestra. For PPT files, however, you’ll want to use a .mp3 format. This is such a common file format that I can’t imagine that Maestra doesn’t also support that format.

Thank you I will give it a try.