Pulling Survey Data

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We have a survey (course evaluation) at the end of each course. This evaluation is required and it is the end object marker for users to receive their certificate. Pulling the evaluation report for all of our courses is very cumbersome. Right now, I pull them all quarterly because it takes so long to complete but I’d like to do it monthly.

I do not know that there is another way around going to each course and pulling the training material report but I thought here would be a great place to find out. What do you guys do?

We do not want to use survey monkey or any other outside source at this time. We are looking into Learning Impact but right now that’s not an option either. I’m open to hearing how you all use those though. It may plead my case for going that direction moving forward.

Thank you!

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Ginger,

We requested a QB report to L&S to extract all the survey results, but it seems that they are going to remove that option soon. So we will lose that ability as well and we will get back to manual and tedious process again.

Another option could be to extract all the survey results through an API call. If you have techs in your team it will help you with the process.

In the ideas portal, there’s the below idea we can vote for LMS-I-3974

The more we vote, the more chances Docebo considers it to add them in their future improvements.

Regards,

Rosalie

Userlevel 3

We embed our survey’s into each course which are then deployed as a scorm into the central repo and attached as training material for the course. We have tried several solutions for surveys like Survey Monkey and others. One of the challenges we have is to have a single survey available in 13 different languages. Because we have the Office 365 suite at our company, Microsoft Forms comes at no added charge. The great thing is, one survey can cover multiple languages. So the reporting combines them all into one without any extra work. You can go into the survey at any time to see real time results, export it to Excel for further pivot or what-not. Bonus is as mentioned, no added cost. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @GingerG I have just posted our solution to that problem in this post:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Survey reports are desperately needed

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Honestly without survey reports just completely makes the case for either some interns or using a third party tool. I know you can’t now but asked for our reasoning so, I lean towards the central third party tool mostly because all the content is in one place and because it is a central tool used across the company so the data is automatically in the central data hub and able to be merged with tons of other data and the creation of live tableau interfaces for users to monitor and work with is super easy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

using an external tool or other software is not always possible...many of us buy a product based on the options and functionality and it’;s not unreasonable to expect that a survey would come with a proper report. We really need to see improvements to the surveys soon as well as survey reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I wonder do people have good examples of just using their elearning tools to create survey courses in the mean time which post data back and have reports for? Not ideal I know but another method. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I agree with @lrnlab that it is not always possible to use an external tool or other software. It would be great if Docebo could add survey reporting to support organizations like mine who may lack the time, resources or expertise required to use the API.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just to be clear, I also agree reporting should be there, the op asked for hearing how alternatives were used to help make a case for it, and as I said reason number 1-5 of why should be the glaring hole in functionality that is missing reporting. 

that being said, I also have consulted for a bunch of orgs where we were told “we can’t use other tools” and it turned out other groups in the org already had access and were using them and it was just the LMS team that was missing them, always good to look at the full picture. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas Yes, I totally understand your point of view. I just wanted to add my voice to the others requesting that this become a built in feature.

Userlevel 2

Frankly, it’s borderline absurd that Docebo features a survey tool but offers no survey reporting -- and apparently has no imminent plans of rectifying that. 

Really, really disappointing.

Userlevel 3

We have many instructors teaching the same class, but different sessions. We provide a survey following a class to collect attendee feedback that can provide valuable insight to the effectiveness of each individual instructor’s delivery. The survey results can help the instructor improve perceived weaknesses (e.g., pace, clarity) while continuing with what they are doing well (positive feedback).

Currently, instructors cannot view survey responses tied to the class session that they, specifically taught. An enhancement to the survey reporting to provide this capability is desperately needed!

Userlevel 3

Yes

Userlevel 1
Badge

Has there been any update on this in the past year? I came here with the same request. We recently moved our surveys from MS Forms to Docebo, and it’s really disappointing to not have a reporting feature for multiple courses.