Best Answer

File attachments?

• 28 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I was trying to offer assistance to a fellow user by sharing a PHP file containing an API call we make to pull learning objects, when I quickly realized we can’t attach files! I shared a download link instead, which should still do the trick - I know there are likely some technical limitations to allowing files to be uploaded, but I could also see this feature coming in handy as the community grows! 

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 4 May 2021, 19:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Dan!

I’m able to attach a file (screenshot below). It does seem it limits what types of files are allowed (mp4 not allowed, for instance). However looks like it supports .txt which could work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@natemadel it’s interesting you posted that screenshot because as a user I don’t have the ability to add an attachment. See my screenshot below. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Ah, It might be because of my user level. We’ll look into it with our community provider, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Excellent feedback @danwinter. You should expect to see the ability to attach files to your community posts soon!

We limited this capability to Docebo employees initially but have heard from a few individuals that it would be helpful for all members to be able to attach files. We need a few final approvals internally before turning this on for all members, but expect to see an update from me by early next week on this post!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@danwinter I’m happy to share that you should now see the ability to attach files to posts!

The file types we support are: .pdf .zip, .xml, .txt, .csv, .doc/docx, .xls/xlsx, .ppt/pptx

Please let me know if you have trouble attaching files. I hope this helps you better help others! Thanks for the idea.