Best Answer

OJT-On the Job Training

• 21 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Our facility is a full scale manufacturing facility. We have quite a few e-learning courses that our users take and a few ILT courses, but we are having a hard time finding a good solution for our OJT form. The OJTs are generally hands-on learning elements for machine usage and safety. We have a form that has been approved by the FAA and would like to capture this information in the LMS without having to make everything an external training. 

What solutions am I missing that would help us accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by SuperShaune 24 October 2021, 11:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@catherine.coleman I think it may be a good use case scenario for using an Observation Checklist functionality - either as a standalone tool, or as a part of a course.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124179-Creating-Managing-Observation-Checklists

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Nice question @catherine.coleman and I agree with @alekwo that Observation Checklists could be an option here.

If you’re using them as a learning object, you can also set up prerequisites in order to stop the learner from progressing through the course before the manager (or peer, depending on your setup) has had a chance to verify that the learner has acquired the relevant skills. Note that this can also link to the use of My Teams - meaning you can associate a certain ‘Manager’ profile/individual to carry out this evaluation. 

Is this more or less what you’re looking for, or you had something else in mind?

Thanks @alekwo and @SuperShaune. We are going to give this a try and see if this works for us. Thank you both for responding. 

@gregory.coney