Best Answer

Adding a content from the public website to my course

• 22 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello All , 

I am trying to add a video that is available on the govt site , which is open to use. However I am not sure how to use it on my training content ? 

I could post the URL on the course description and by clicking on it the use can go to a new window which run the video, 

However I am trying to add the video in the Docebo course window. 

I have followed steps mentioned on this link : Creating an HTML Page as Training Material – Docebo Help & Support

However I see a still frame and not the video. sharing the screenshot if it helps. 

I hope someone can help me with basic steps of doing it.

Thanks

Ami

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 22 March 2023, 21:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

looks like youre close...does the video not play at all?

you could look to build a SCORM based course using an authoring tool and embed the video link there. Does the govt site allow you to embed the video code? or are you just pasting a link? with embedded code, it;’ll probably play but with a link you might need to add some code to get to autoplay

Userlevel 1

looks like youre close...does the video not play at all?

you could look to build a SCORM based course using an authoring tool and embed the video link there. Does the govt site allow you to embed the video code? or are you just pasting a link? with embedded code, it;’ll probably play but with a link you might need to add some code to get to autoplay

Hello Irnlab 

Thanks for the prompt response,

• looks like youre close...does the video not play at all? - Nope i just see a black screen thats it.
  • you could look to build a SCORM based course using an authoring tool and embed the video link there. - I am new to this and not too confident using the authoring tool.
  • Does the govt site allow you to embed the video code? or are you just pasting a link? with embedded code, it;’ll probably play but with a link you might need to add some code to get to autoplay - If you dont mind, Can you help me understand where to get the video code ? And how to add it .  
  • Sharing the URL of the video if it helps you help me :D : Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps | Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (gov.on.ca)
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I see the issue...the link you sent is not a video; it's actually a course created with an authoring tool. You wont be able to embed that in your course unless you're able t get the source package...not sure if the Ontario gov’t woulds allow that but you would need to reach out to them to ask

Userlevel 1

I see the issue...the link you sent is not a video; it's actually a course created with an authoring tool. You wont be able to embed that in your course unless you're able t get the source package...not sure if the Ontario gov’t woulds allow that but you would need to reach out to them to ask

Oh ok  , thank you for the response .