Assignment completion trigger

• 20 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I would like to create a course that would allow me to check the status of a learners training by before their training is mark off as complete. Is there a way to create some type of trigger that would signal to me to check a leaners training to confirm it is complete? After I verify the training is complete, I would like to be able to manually sign off on the training. 

The course would be a self-paced training. The learner would complete the training, I would like to get a notification to review and approve the completion. Can a course be built in this way?

Thank you,

Indeya 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @indeya.saephanh depending on how your content is set-up, you could add an “Assignment” that would require the user to “submit” something for evaluation. With that comes an email or on-screen notification so as long as you make this the “end object marker” you should have the level of control you want to mark a user as completed.

If you have a test in your content, you can add a final question that requires you to evaluate it hence making you the last trigger to mark the object and course as completed.

Hope you find something useful.

Hi @lrnlab thank you for the information. Can you clarify for me what you mean by “submit” something for evaluation. With that comes an email or on-screen notification so as long as you make this the “end object marker” you should have the level of control you want to mark a user as completed.

I’m attempting to test this out. When we have the learner submit something, could that be a screen shot that they have completed all the modules in the course? Once the submit this as the assignment how would that trigger me as the admin to make the learner as complete?

I’ve posted some images below to see if I’m on the right track.

Thank you,

Indeya

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you need to add a learning object called “Assignment”. This will ask the user to upload an assignment that you can then grade. This will prevent the course from marking as completed automatically since you must grade the assignment in order to have the course mark as completed.

If you go the Test route, you can add an “Extended Txt” question type that requires you/admin to review and mark that question as passed before the test is given the final mark.

Both options require admin intervention before being marked as done so hopefully one of these will work for you.

@lrnlab thank you for your guidance on this. I was able to find more information on the Creating Tests and Managing Test Questions article.

Do you know if there is anything I can create to have the course send me a notification that users enrolled in the course are waiting for the Admin to sign off on the Extended Text Question? For example, I would like the admin of the course to receive some sort of notification that there are users who have completed the training that need the admins to sign off.  

Thank you,

Indeya

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

try this one...It has options to sent to PU, Superadmin, users, instructor.