Question

Auto Enroll New Users

• 9 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I need to assign all our new hires different courses automatically. How do I do this? Is there a way to set up a group based off creation date?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Are you looking to create a group based on hire date? You would need to create an additional field on the user profiles to store that data. After that you can create a group and use the Enrolment rules to assign based on the group membership. Essentially you can do this based on any custom attributes you add to user profiles.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Maybe. Do I have to create a group for auto enrollments?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Enrollment rules are best based off enrolling new members to a group. Automatic groups are therefore very helpful.

You can create an automatic group based off of many things on a user’s profile, from their branch, to user fields and additional fields.

Think carefully about the attribute you wish to base your groups off of, and how that attribute will be populated in your user accounts. If you have just a few, it really doesn’t matter that much, but if you have hundreds, like I do, then provisioning the field via SSO login helps reduce admin time.

So:

• Decide on the field you want to base your flow off of, be that hire date, team, location, email or whatever.
  • Create an additional field if that field doesn’t already exist on your user.
  • Set in place a policy to dictate when this field gets populated, either manually by an administrator, or automatically by some form of provisioning.
  • Create an automatic group, but for the moment don’t give it any rules.
  • Create your enrollment rule for your courses or learning plans, and attach it to your new group. Don’t forget to publish it!
  • Set up the rules governing membership of your automatic group based on the field you chose.

What will happen is Docebo will recognise all those users with that particular field and add them to the group. the act of adding them to the group will trigger your enrollment rule.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Your Enrolment Rules can be based on groups or branches only.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The above information is really helpful and should be ideal if your enrolment needs are fairly static; for something a bit more dynamic please upvote this idea:

We are using auto-enrollment rules based on branches. Branches are setup as per geographical region and role/job title. Based on these we can assign specific content based on the user role/job title, we can assign specific courses in specific languages based on the user geographical location. 

For example: we have “customer facing functions” specific trainings in multiple languages. After the auto-enrollment rules are set, just add the user into the correct branch and they will be auto enrolled into the predefined courses.