Best Answer

Browser Tab shows URL instead of Course Name

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there anyway to make it so the platform will display possibly the course name instead of the URL in the Browser Tab?

Here’s an example of what our tabs looks like when you have a Docebo LMS tab open from any perspective (SuperAdmin, Power User, User, External User): 

I obfuscated details for obvious reasons. Here is the what a tab SHOULD look like imo:

The tab has the name of the page you are on. I would expect the platform to do something similar with like Course name.

Thoughts, tips or tricks, anyone?

icon

Best answer by LAnderson 29 June 2022, 18:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi DHall,

Here’s what our tabs looks like: 

I found the following in the knowledge base that may help. The full article can be viewed here: Configuring the Branding Look & Feel of your Platform – Docebo Help & Support

Accessing Your Look & Feel Settings

To reach the look & feel management area of your platform, access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of your platform, then press the Configure Branding and Look button in the Settings section. The page shows the Desktop tab by default. Go through each section of the configuration page to customize the theme as desired.

Customizing Headers

In the Header section, you can customize the platform with your title, header message, logo, and favicon. Please note that for the text fields in this section, you can create them in multiple languages using the multilanguage selector tool, which is accessible from the globe icon in the top right corner of the section. Refer to this article to learn more about using this tool.

Begin in the first section, Page Title. Use the corresponding text field to type in the title of your platform. It will appear in browser tabs and the top bar on the homepage of your platform. Please note that there is a 1000 character limit for this text field before it is cut off by an ellipsis.

Then, flag the option to enable a header message in the corresponding section. When this option is enabled, you can type your header message into the text field below. This could be your company slogan, vision, etc. The text can be edited as desired using the toolbar at the top of the text box. The header message will appear below your logo in your platform as well as on the Sign In page. Please note that there is a 340 character limit for this text field before it is cut off by an ellipsis.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@LAnderson , thanks for this!
I just checked ours and it is indeed blank. I’ll reach out internally to our main internal contact about these settings and get their input.

Would you happen to know what is included in your “Page Title” section? The way I’m reading the article, it would be a stagnant entry and I want it to be dynamic based on the current course/page the learner is on. It looks like your screenshot of the tab shows what I’m looking for, “Advanced Settings” for example.

Userlevel 1

@dhall , no problem! 

We refer to our platform as “Learn” and that’s what is listed in the Page Title section. We also have an image loaded in the Favicon section. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Same for us, we put what we refer to the platform as, NYLIC University, and then our logo as the favicon.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks all! I talked with our internal team and we are going to make the change over the weekend on the internal only environment (customer side won’t be affected).

I appreciate the assistance here! Best answer marked.