Question

Can activities like class completion in Docebo populate user fields?

• 1 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are looking to add several user fields such as date first trained and date last trained for purposes of reporting and group assignments.

These are based on completion of courses. If there a way to have completion of a course or activity populate a user field? OR is there a different way to do this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Davefox  I have this same requirement and I’ve not found a way to do it automatically. 😪😫

What we do is to run reports based on Learning Plans/courses, and then change the information in the additional fields by .csv upload. This change triggers membership in groups, which also triggers dashboards. This is a daily activity known to us as “morning reports”.

There are huge drawbacks for us with this approach. In addition to the time-intensive, manual approach of ‘morning reports, we need users to see some of these additional fields. This means that these fields must also be visible during self-registration. The fields are meant to be empty until they complete their training, but occasionally we have users add incorrect information into these fields. Annoying.

Additionally, the additional fields flags of “invisible to user” and “mandatory field” are static. It would be lovely if they were dynamic by user, e.g., when the field is empty make it invisible, but when data is added, change the flag to visible. Combining this with an API or Connect recipe to add data to the additional field could get us to that automagical moment. But … the fields are not dynamic. 

… so, following this thread to see if anyone else has solved this problem.

Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

think you would need to look to process this outside the LMS using APIs and then import the data back into your profiles...it should be possible to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

think you would need to look to process this outside the LMS using APIs and then import the data back into your profiles...it should be possible to do.

I’m about to find out with Docebo Connect. :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’m about to find out with Docebo Connect. :-)

anxious to hear about your results. Thx

Userlevel 5
Badge

thanks all. we are onboarding so I am asking the dev team as well. Will report back if there is an internal solution. If not I will post as an idea.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sadly, doing it outside of Docebo via an API seems to be the answer. Which I am not a fan of.  Will post as an idea. Vote accordingly.