Question

Can you schedule a report to be viewed by a user?

• 23 November 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Are admins and power users the only user type that can view reports?

We have several types of reports that we would like to schedule to email specific users that are not power users. We would like these users to be able to click and open the report without having to login to Docebo. 

Thank you! 

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I think they’ll need to be upgraded to Power Users.

You can provide them minimal permissions (just make sure to assign them access to the users and courses which should be included in their reports), and then you can uncheck the option Report Download Permission from Link

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ncassella according to the KB article, you might try just unchecking the box (notes above)...it states that anyone who has the link to the report should be able to download with no mention as to whether they need to be a PU or not…See “Best Practices” at the bottom of the page

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124159-Creating-Managing-New-Custom-Reports#subtitle-12

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi all, reached to support to get clarification and they did confirm that report links/downloads can only be accessed by super admins and PU (with minimum reporting permissions) only. They cannot be accessed and downloaded by regular users.

When I re-read the KB article it does mention users but the reference is to power users and not regular users so that was my tipoff. Have asked Docebo to see if they can update the KB article to be clearer on this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wait wait wait - I have reports that have links that are being sent along to people that are just users and that are not PUs. They are getting those reports without a problem.

Something does not sound right.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I agree with @dklinger.  We also have reports that are sent to users that are not PU’s.  This is how we provide managers with regular reports and our managers are not PU’s.  

Userlevel 6

Agreed. As long as that box above is unchecked, anyone’s address put under the Scheduling tab can/will receive the report. Sometimes you just have to run your own tests, live chat seems to have different answers depending on who you talk to these days 

Userlevel 3

I agree with @dklinger .  We are new and I just setup several reports and scheduled them to send to specific people who don’t even have a login to the system.  I just unchecked the box that requires them to login to access the reports. They get an email with a link to the zip file that has the report .xls or .csv.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi all, finally got this to work on my end as explained above...I’ll see about getting back to support to explain my test results and ask that they update the KB article to be more explicit on how reports can be shared.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

One other thought for you all - if your company uses Microsoft Teams you can get the email address for a channel and simply put that in for the scheduled email address. Then it will post the report to a channel of your choice each time it is scheduled to run. Just remember if the channel has limited permissions you may run into problems.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you for all the replies and yes I would like to know if there is an update to this?

Similar to the answers above, We have two users, one can open the report the other cannot. Both reports are created the same way. Both users receive the reports in their email. Thank you!

Hi all, finally got this to work on my end as explained above...I’ll see about getting back to support to explain my test results and ask that they update the KB article to be more explicit on how reports can be shared.

@lrnlab Was it discovered that it was only Super admins and power users? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@christopherIRI reports can be shared with other non-supers or PU’s...just don't activate the option where they must be logged in to download. The risk is that when the report is shared, it can be forwarded and someone without permission could potentially view the data; so consider this carefully before choosing your option.

Odd, we just ran into this one today: The box is unchecked and users who are on the email distribution list (Regular learners) can’t see it. 

Thanks for the reply, I just realized this feed is over a year old. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

are they receiving the email? Idk your reg users cannot access the report, you should log a ticket. KB article is not specific about reg users though. If you have the report made available to  specific PU’s or all PU roles, that might be the reason??? just guessing here.

@lrnlab From the Support Chat: That toggle is usually only based on login so for example if you add a user to the recipient list who is not a superadmin or power user, they can still login and download the report since you've given them permission to view the report. But for that, they would need to be set as a recipient under the "Scheduling" section. But let's say if you uncheck this option then yes, as long as they have the link, they should be able to view the report without any issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

thx for the clarification