Question

Channel management

• 5 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Looking at the channel list, i have created 42 channel but do not have visibility beyond 40 in the main view. This means that i cannot move the most recently created ‘up’ the list for more visibility or higher ranking.  Anyone know how to fix?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Megs are you referring to the admin page? If yes, try logging out and back in to see if that solves it. You should be able to move any channel from the bottom of the page to a spot where you want it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve def had some cache issues when making new ones, but funny enough have 42 channels in platform as well right now and all show up so def a glitch of some kind

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Good thought on the cache refresh @lrnlab!

I noticed a platform the other day while working through a client requests and they had at least 250 Channels. Knowing it’s a forever-scroll and load page, I had to check. Reviewing against their installation,  it looks like the default page size on load out for the admin is 40.

Sample console view of the call made:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

ah, that makes sense, so could just have a lazy load error that doesn’t trigger the rest. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Bingo!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I started using the Channel list filter as an alternative to the never-ending scroll...much prefer that when you know what you're looking for.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

For sure, and in terms of frontend use, there could be some performance improvements for pages with heavy widgets on Channels, since forever scroll widgets tend to consume more compute power than other more direct widget options. Not to say, “don’t use forever scroll”, more be mindful to balance when used on busy pages with many other widgets. KISS