Question

Difference in status between My Courses/Learning Plans and Catalog Views

• 3 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi All, 

I’m curious if this is something I am seeing simply as an admin or if all users see this. When I review catalog courses by click on the Course Catalog link via the User Menu, courses will show that I’m enrolled even if I completed them. However, when I review the courses via the My Courses and Learning Plans sections, they will correctly show my status as completed. 

Is this done intentionally? Does this only occur when new versions of training material are uploaded? It seems confusing to me as a learner that they would show differently.

Thank You! 

Jason

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Yes, I see the same thing and it is VERY confusing to learners for sure.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Jason Kocur and @rmccormick. Thank you for sharing your concern! I can see how this would be confusing for learners, and hopefully I can shed some light on this.

The My Courses and Learning Plans areas are relatively simpler than the architecture for the catalogs, and because of this, the My Courses and Learning Plans view shows more detail. Catalogs do not show course status, only whether a user has an enrollment in the course.

There is an idea about this. It is parked, but can still gather votes and comments, and I encourage you to share how this idea would impact you on the post! 

Userlevel 3

Hi @Jason Kocur and @rmccormick. Thank you for sharing your concern! I can see how this would be confusing for learners, and hopefully I can shed some light on this.

The My Courses and Learning Plans areas are relatively simpler than the architecture for the catalogs, and because of this, the My Courses and Learning Plans view shows more detail. Catalogs do not show course status, only whether a user has an enrollment in the course.

There is an idea about this. It is parked, but can still gather votes and comments, and I encourage you to share how this idea would impact you on the post! 

Thanks- I had already voted/commented here.

Userlevel 2

This issue generates several support requests from my users every week, and has been for over a year. It has now been escalated to the executive level, where senior leaders are saying Docebo either needs to be fixed or replaced. I just got off a call with a Senior VP who said just that. Docebo’s “vote for this feature” response is wholly inadequate. Users (and executives) do not understand why, if course completion status is accurately displayed in My Courses and Learning Plans, why it can’t be in Catalog tiles. Stating that this is intended behaviour because catalogs are general purpose listings for browsing, and not for user level specifics does not cut it. If so, why show NEW or ENROLLED at all? Those are user specific items. I have been scouring the forums for months on this and have opened service tickets. There also does not seem to be a way to simply suppress the misleading ENROLLED label. Using channels instead of catalogs is not an option, because channels will show only those courses in which a user has been enrolled. Docebo needs to stop making excuses on this UX issue. It is a big deal.