Best Answer

Displaying number of spaces available on ILT sessions

• 23 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi

Just want to sanity check something here with everyone. For ILT sessions that are self service, our users cannot see the number of spaces available/booked, which is leading to confusion when they can’t select the date they want.

Is this correct? Is this pretty fundamental feature missing, or have we screwed something up?!

icon

Best answer by alekwo 23 November 2021, 16:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Richard.Harknett it is like that.

A workaround which we’re using is to enable a course wait-list, then users will still see full sessions on the list, but the enrollment button will be for a wait-list.

We have changed the label on that button to say “Session is full”, still there are people who ignore it, and try to enroll, they are put on the wait-list, and we need to manually unenroll them or reassign to other sessions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is an idea for this that you can upvote on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes, we’ve been struggling with this gap as well...the only indication a user can see is whether a session is full or not, and that’s only when you have the Waitlist feature enabled. If you do not use this feature the session is not visible at all so if someone drops out, you may never be able to fill that seat unless the user checks for open seats regularly.

What’s worse, for ‘in-person’ sessions, AFTER the user is enrolled, they see the “available” seats from the LOCATION details (a field that is REQUIRED) so there is way to get away from that at the moment and is quite misleading for users

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am so new that we have not yet launched our instance to the public. Still in the onboarding phase… so forgive my ignorance here...

...the only indication a user can see is whether a session is full or not, and that’s only when you have the Waitlist feature enabled. If you do not use this feature the session is not visible at all so if someone drops out, you may never be able to fill that seat unless the user checks for open seats regularly.

I had tested during my trial what happens when all the seats are purchased and noticed that the session is automatically removed… which I really liked…

If someone drops - does the session reappear? I had not checked that.

Also - I thought I saw a check box somewhere that would auto enroll the next person on the waitlist when someone drops. 

We have not yet decided if we want to use the waitlist feature or not yet.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks all. Yes it is there when waitlist is enabled (seem like this is another oversight on Docebo’s part as the functionality is clearly there - it just needs surfacing whether waitlists are in use or not).

We aren’t using the waitlist functionality as we have allowed enough spaces to accommodate all booking. Automatically adding a person to a session wouldn’t work as they need to make sure they can get cover first and manually assigning is an admin overhead. @alekwo has a workaround I think we’ll have to try.

And @gstager - definitely voting for this one!

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We would love to see spaces available/taken for a course.

The waitlist feature is completely broken in my eyes.  people who are auto-enrolled after a session has happened shouldn't happen.

Also we should have the option for autoenrollment to have a different notification to explain why often people are getting a space very very close to the session start date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We ultimately ended up building our own “registration calendar” to get around with a lot of complaints like this, but this was a core one. The links in the calendar act as hyperlinks to bring you to register, but if the sesssion is full the link is removed but the text remains and the style changes and we add a (session full) text to the end. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks all. Yes it is there when waitlist is enabled (seem like this is another oversight on Docebo’s part as the functionality is clearly there - it just needs surfacing whether waitlists are in use or not).

We aren’t using the waitlist functionality as we have allowed enough spaces to accommodate all booking. Automatically adding a person to a session wouldn’t work as they need to make sure they can get cover first and manually assigning is an admin overhead. @alekwo has a workaround I think we’ll have to try.

And @gstager - definitely voting for this one!

Thanks

The waitlist is not terriffic as several have mentioned, definitely needs some work to make usable for these types of things.