Best Answer

Docebo Connect- Outlook Cancelations

Userlevel 3

We are currently using Docebo Connect to integrate our Outlook Training Calendar with the ILT courses in Docebo. We have been experiencing cancelation emails to trigger even though the session has not been deleted or changed in Docebo. Learners have reported seeing the canceled invite and/or email in their outlook calendars. Any ideas why this may be occurring? 

icon

Best answer by B0LT 26 January 2023, 19:58

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we are just about to implement so we haven't seen this behaviour...will watch for it...can you determine any factor(s) that might cause this? Could it be that your users are deleting the calendar invite? Does anyone have access to your “Connect” calendar that might have deleted a session directly from there?

Userlevel 3

Hi @lrnl

At this time we are unable to determine what is causing this. The only persons with access to the Connect are the Superadmins but we don’t go in there. My assumption is something might be wrong with the recipe itself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @lrnl

At this time we are unable to determine what is causing this. The only persons with access to the Connect are the Superadmins but we don’t go in there. My assumption is something might be wrong with the recipe itself. 

I think what @lrnlab was meaning was the actual Office Calendar being used by the Connect recipe to hold the events. If there are people who have direct access to that calendar and they cancel an event on it, this would happen to. Are there any users on there that are not Connect Super Admins that might be unknowingly canceling things?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

corect @Bfarkas 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@niccole.liriano 

We had this issue as well and we were able to fix it! The problem was for example, if 10 people were enrolled into an ILT session, when 1 person unenrolled from it, it sent outlook cancellations to some of other people who were still enrolled. When we checked the enrollment list they still showed enrolled, but they received an email outlook calendar invite cancellation and they were removed from the main active invite.  

We found the problem, it was in the recipe that we took from Docebo.The most current out of the box recipe from Docebo still has this issue. I would have a super admin go in and take a look and modify the recipe below. 

The Update Outlook Session Attendances connector Recipe has a problem at line 17 update Variables attendees_to_add

THIS IS BEFORE: 
(the outlook_attendees -outlook_attendees is unnecessary I don’t know what purpose this was supposed to serve but it made no difference to us and once we modified it, it solved our problem.)

We only kept the below. 

THIS IS AFTER

Let me know if you or anyone else needs help or has questions on this. Thanks Everyone! 

-Eddie

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx @B0LT we are in the process of implementing this so good to know...we havent seen this behaviour but them our test cases are smaller than what normal usage would be...Will definitely test out this scenario.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@irnlab 

Here is a test scenario you will want to test. 

1). Create a test ILT Session (enable external calendar invites)
2). Enroll 5-10 users into this session 
3). Wait for the outlook calendar sync, make sure all users are added to the invite. 
4). As a user (impersonate), unenroll from the session. (wait for them to get the cancellation) 

Check to see if anyone else got cancellations, if not repeat step 4 until all users are unenrolled. 

Hope this helps!!! I’d be curious to see if you get this issue as well. 

-Eddie

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

thx @B0LT 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Nice, could see how getting there originally causes the behavior and the resolution, and also makes me super jealous of getting to play in Connect…..some day :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Bfarkas it’s not an easy thing to mess with...you need to know coding and logic for sure. super finicky and needs much precision + has a few things it cannot do and things we dont like that are almost deal-breakers. We had to severely reduce our expectations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas it’s not an easy thing to mess with...you need to know coding and logic for sure. super finicky and needs much precision + has a few things it cannot do and things we dont like that are almost deal-breakers. We had to severely reduce our expectations.

Yeah, I mean I essentially have the same setup in Power Automate and my custom connector, just is on me to expand abilities. I just like seeing how the official solutions work and can be used. Would like to re-write each API series article using Connect for instance, for options for folks, or build some templates easier.