Question

Does anyone have a short-code definition list for notifications?

• 3 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4

We are building out all of our notifications from scratch and were hoping to find a list of notification short-code definitions so we don’t have to test each one to figure out what it does through trial and error. Bonus points for anyone willing to share their notification templates.  Thank you in advance for anyone willing to share this already created resource!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JHill1- hi. I believe the folks that work on the help materials have begun to move away from having a comprehensive single document where available shortcodes are listed. There is one though - even though it probably has aged. I am attaching it here - but know that things are changing rapidly to improve this space.

I may be missing something though - you are suggesting you need short-code definitions...that I dont have...so maybe this is not exactly what you need 🙄

Userlevel 4

Yes I’m seeking to understand what content is pulled into the course or what downstream behavior happens when utilizing the various short-codes.  Example:  Does it trigger an iCal invitation?  

I agree with JHill1. Knowing what the short-codes mean, or which information they pull-in, or where the link takes the user would eliminate the need to manually test the notification using any shortcodes we don’t understand. 

Thanks!

Is it possible to pull in the address of the session location with the [session_location} short code?

We’re testing the ILT Session Change notification, like if it the class changes locations. It only gives the name of the location, not the address.

We are also looking to figure out what shortcodes pull in. We learned the hard way that [username] means the manager’s user name in the subject and the learner’s user name in the body. That was not at all clear in the existing documentation. In the absence of preview of the notification, the definitions are even more essential. 

Userlevel 2

@dklinger This document is a game changer! Thank you!!!! 

Thanks for this!