Best Answer

Does anyone know how course ratings are calculated?

• 24 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We have just turned on the course rating (the 1-5 star rating per course) but it is not clear from the knowledgebase how this is calculated. I am assuming it’s an average of all ratings, rounded to a whole number?

t appears there’s a idea suggestion to give admins more data on how many ratings have contributed to the overall rating seen, so that means there is no way to have this information in reports?

icon

Best answer by Lucy.blake 24 February 2022, 13:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@JMouatt I’m sure I found a way to get more detailed information about the ratings but it’s currently escaping me.

This is what I found on Docebo you’re right it shows an average, I’m assuming they use the mean and not the median or mode but you can never be too sure.

Userlevel 1

@Lucy.blake Did you ever remember how you found more detailed info?

It is critical for us to be able to see how many users have contributed to a rating. Is our 4 star course rating based on 1 rating or 100? Docebo, please add this functionality.

Userlevel 4

Thanks for posting this question. I’m currently in a deep dive to find out how much stock to put into course ratings. We too want to know more in-depth stats on the ratings. A 1-off 1 star rating does not concern me, but a course rated 1 by several people tells me something valuable. I’m just not sure how useful the rating metric in the reporting function is on its own. 

Has anyone else found a way to extrapolate more details on the course rating?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Theres not a whole lot to it beyond what has been described here already. I view it as a simple nice to have that exists, but if you are into some deep learning or stats on feedback, I’d go a different route like inline support/feedback survey on all courses.