Best Answer

Either/Or Prerequisite Funtionality?

• 24 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all. I am trying to create a course that finishes with a test. I want the learner to have an option to watch one of two videos before having access to the test. Nothing jumps out at me as to a way to do this, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas here. The videos are exactly the same, but in different languages. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by steveninfinger 24 February 2022, 15:30

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey, @mshumway, are you using Learning Paths? This is the only way we’ve found to have prereqs and organize our training. We use an annual exam as the prereq for advanced level courses, and we allow the previous year’s exam or the current year’s exam to serve as the prereqs, so we have the same use case that you have here, just in reverse.  When you select the two courses that can be a prereq you just check the Require at least 1 courses to be completed, so this would serve as the OR in your use case. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey, @mshumway, are you using Learning Paths? This is the only way we’ve found to have prereqs and organize our training. We use an annual exam as the prereq for advanced level courses, and we allow the previous year’s exam or the current year’s exam to serve as the prereqs, so we have the same use case that you have here, just in reverse.  When you select the two courses that can be a prereq you just check the Require at least 1 courses to be completed, so this would serve as the OR in your use case. 

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@steveninfinger , Is there a way to prerrequisite two different  Learning plans ,

Learning Plan  A

Learning Plan  B

meaning once LP-A is completed the other LP B becomes active 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Isram  The course has to be in the LP to be an option for a prereq. You could do some type of assessment at the end of Plan A so it can be completed and then put that same assessment as the first item at the top of Plan B and require completion of the assessment as the prereq for all of the other courses in Plan B. This would keep Plan B locked until the assessment is completed. 

In terms of the assessment it could be an actual knowledge check in Plan A or just a single question like, “Have you completed plan A?” at the top of Plan B. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you, @steveninfinger I´ve tried that,

Q´s

Is there a way to lock-hide the “assesment “ course in plan B? Otherwise, users can login and comple it 

I tried better using GROUPS and enrollement rule:

Create a group based on enrollemt options ( completed )  and then that gruop I set up an automatic enrollment to the Learning plan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The group is a good idea. We did that in our last LMS. Would there be people that would get enrolled in Plan B automatically, but not want to be? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good question, however, for our purposes plan A and B are mandatory . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh good. That’ll make it much easier