Best Answer

Error 403 when accessing a new page

• 10 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I have created a new widget and inside that widget I created a page with two new widgets that will lead to a page with different catalogues of courses. 

My problem is with the page with two widgets: When users click the widget and it goes to the page with the two widgets, it states error 403. 

I assume it's an access problem, but how do I give access to a page? All the users are in the correct branches. 

icon

Best answer by alekwo 10 January 2022, 15:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Kritsada Weerathao  you need to add the page to a menu, which is accessible by your users.

Note, it doesn’t need to to be the same menu, which users see on the left side when browsing the site, you can create another menu for the same group/branch (put it lower on the list of the menus) and add pages which should be accessible there.

Something like this:

Thank you so much for the right answer and the quick response! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@alekwo Thank you for this! I was able to create a duplicate of the page that had all these menus on it and reduce it down to just a handful so it wasn’t a huge mess. I also added additional pages that people within my organization of the company should have access to then limited visibility to the menu to my branch.

From there, I dropped it to the bottom of the Menu priority list, published it, and confirmed it was working. I made sure to give it a specific name identifying that it is intended to be tucked away.