Question

External Training App

• 1 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Has anyone successfully used the external training app recently? Anyone feeling super helpful and want to test theirs?

I have successfully used it in the past to test, but now that I am ready to upload all of my data I cannot get it to work. The .csv appears to be formatted correctly. I can import the file and see all of the data on screen, but as soon as I click ‘Next’ everything disappears, never to return. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

hi @nichole.chandler , i’ve seen another topic about this - in which you also replied:

It seems there might be a general issue with this. Although I haven’t tested it recently, perhaps it’s worth to just talk to Help Desk?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

For anyone else having problems the solution was to edit the date format. 

The date format for the external training app is not documented in the knowledge base but it is  mm/dd/yyyy. 

This differs for enrolling users into courses via .csv. 

That date format for enrolling into courses via .csv is documented in the knowledge base and is yyyy-mm-dd.

Userlevel 2

For anyone else having problems the solution was to edit the date format. 

The date format for the external training app is not documented in the knowledge base but it is  mm/dd/yyyy. 

This differs for enrolling users into courses via .csv. 

That date format for enrolling into courses via .csv is documented in the knowledge base and is yyyy-mm-dd.

Hi @nichole.chandler,

I just did an import by CSV from the external training app, and I had to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD (matching my computer format), for it to work. I’m starting to think this has something to do with the user’s computer date format, as the video from Docebo uses the MM/DD/YYYY (not working either for me).