How can we automate enrollments into ILT Sessions?

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am working on developing a set of API calls that will be useful for our team. Perhaps the most useful for us right now would be to manage ILT Session Enrollments automatically.

Right now we are manually uploading a csv file of new users bi-weekly. This sheet is made for us, so this part of the process is fairly fast. Based on that sheet, though, all new users need to be enrolled in the next scheduled sessions. There are 6 courses that everyone goes in, 2 that some go in. The sessions take place on Monday. Typically we receive the roster file of users on Friday. 

How, using the API, would we be able to push all new users into the 6 sessions they must go into, and push the rest into the 1 or 2 other sessions that are conditional based on a user additional field found in docebo?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you have the lists you need already, and are using API’s, you can do bulk enrollment into specific sessions using single calls, just have to transform the data report into the proper formatted json array. The hardest part is identifying the next session, there are a few routes, but several use a lot of calls to achieve which cuts into issues of volume of API use (the 1K/IP/Hour gets annoying here) or if you track the sessions getting scheduled might be able to just use that tracking.

I do a process similar to this on session creation for managers using our ILT session creation tool, it basically looks at who is currently enrolled in the course, but not completed yet and auto-enrolls them so that they can go to complete the requirement. The logic here was based on the fact that if they were enrolled in the course, they should be completing it, doesn’t work for all scenarios.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I do a process similar to this on session creation for managers using our ILT session creation tool, it basically looks at who is currently enrolled in the course, but not completed yet and auto-enrolls them so that they can go to complete the requirement. The logic here was based on the fact that if they were enrolled in the course, they should be completing it, doesn’t work for all scenarios.

I’m not so worried about hitting that 1k/1p/hour volume limit, as at most it is 20 enrollments into 8 sessions every two weeks. In your ILT session tool, could it look at only those with Not Yet Started in a specific (yet adaptive) date range. Say:

for (a date range starting at acct creation date and ending at today) function(new users in csv){enroll all Not Started into Sessions immediately after date range}

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m not so worried about hitting that 1k/1p/hour volume limit, as at most it is 20 enrollments into 8 sessions every two weeks. In your ILT session tool, could it look at only those with Not Yet Started in a specific (yet adaptive) date range. Say:

for (a date range starting at acct creation date and ending at today) function(new users in csv){enroll all Not Started into Sessions immediately after date range}

Yup, it surely could.