Best Answer

How do I remove enrollment deadlines from users in a learning plan?

• 11 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Several learners mistakenly had enrollment windows added to their enrollments in one of our learning plans. How do I remove those “Active from” and “Active until” dates?

Clicking “Edit Enrollment” allows me to change the dates, but I want to remove them completely. 

Clicking “Reset Date Range for Access” does nothing. :thinking:

icon

Best answer by spotratz 12 October 2021, 17:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You should be able to go to that learning plan, go to Enrollments within it, and edit the enrollment (three lines near the X for deleting it at the end of each user’s row) and can change the dates or enrollment there.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Perhaps this is a bug because when I click “Reset Data Range for Access,” nothing happens. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That is strange behavior.  I tested in my platform, and was able to remove those deadlines using the process you outlined.  You may need to open a ticket to that have that looked at?  

I wonder if there are enrollment deadlines on individual courses within the learning plan that are keeping the dates from being changed?

Will it let you set the enrollment end date far into the future (as a work around to let the user take the content)?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Holly, are you looking here? 

I got to this by performing the following steps:
Click the Admin gear

Click Learning Plans

Click on Enroll Users in the row matching the Learning Plan in question

Click on the hamburger (three lines the red arrow is pointing to)

Userlevel 3
Badge

OK, talked to Docebo Support. The “Reset Data Range for Access” link removes the dates. 

It was just a bit confusing because there was no confirmation message. You have to click back in to see that the dates are removed. 

Userlevel 3

Hi everyone,

I tried this and it didn't remove the dates. I then contacted Docebo support and they told me that what that button does ("Reset Date Range for Access") is that it will bring the validity dates back to the setting configured on the Learning Plan. So, if the Learning Plan has 365-days from enrollment and let's say you have manually edited a user's period to be more than 365 days, then this will reset it back to 365 days from enrollment.

They also told me that in order to completely remove the date range from a specific user, I need to temporarily remove the "365" days in the Learning Plan setting and then select "Reset Date Range for Access" for the particular user. Once this change is done, I can edit the Learning Plan setting to include back the "365" days if you prefer. 🤷🏻

Has anyone tried this reset date range? Does someone have a better way to remove the validity period for a specific user in a learning plan?

Thank you very much!