Question

How to prevent session enrollment in ILT course that has been completed by user?

• 27 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi community,
I have a bit off issue, we yearly create a new course for some for a ILT/ Classroom we do.
These courses simply but are marked Course 2019, Course 2020, Course 2021, etc.
Since the content of these courses as the same each year, we set them equivelant to each other.
So if you followed a course in 2019, automatically you pass any of thenew courses when they are released. The only issue we have with Docebo Learn is that the user is still able to select session of one of these new courses. Which we don't want them to since they already did the course in the past.
For registration it is important to move them to the new course each year, as it is part of the learning plan for that year. 

Is there anyway for us to prevent these users from selecting a course once they are released. Theorectically we could create a dummy session and put them all in this, but I don't think this is nice solution.

Thank you all in advance for your feedback and ideas.

Bart

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Bart_at_Yamaha Motor other than what you suggested above, I don't think there is any way to ‘hide’ a session from a set of users.

you could potentially create a catalogue managed by groups that is only visible to those who haven't yet completed 1 of the versions? those that had already completed would not the courses at all...would that help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The closest I get to this is completely controlling the enrollments and setting self-enrollment date to prior than the session ever being offered so that they can’t ever technically enroll in it, but it has its own drawbacks, so balance act. 

I did the blank one for a while and it confused users since we had to have a date on the session and would put it far in the future and note that it was a placeholder type thing. Ultimately we abandoned it.

Userlevel 4

Hi @lrnlab and @Bfarkas , thank you for your comments. 

The catalogue is not option for us and also not enrolling is not option as they need completion status on the most recent course, as this being using in the used learning plan.
I will challenge Docebo to come up with a solution for this one 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Bart_at_Yamaha Motor this might be a little out there but what if you used enrolment links or enrolments codes shared only with those who haven't yet completed any of the course versions? This way you could leave the course out of any catalogues and only those with the link would be able to choose a session.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bart_at_Yamaha Motor this might be a little out there but what if you used enrolment links or enrolments codes shared only with those who haven't yet completed any of the course versions? This way you could leave the course out of any catalogues and only those with the link would be able to choose a session.

You could take this  a step further and make a custom page that only shows to those users and have the link on the page so they don’t even know a special link is happening.