Ideas for scavenger hunt?

• 24 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are working on a scavenger hunt to introduce new hires to the LMS. Here are our ideas. Do you have any other ways of working it? 

Create an e-learning called “New Hire Scavenger Hunt”

1. Training material: PDF Completion: Upon viewing of pdf Pain Point: Many new users are not aware of how to sign up for LinkedIn Learning or that it is available to them Notes: Docebo is connected with LinkedIn Learning. We want to make sure they have the instructions to get their LinkedIn Learning account set up, but don’t want to make signing up the trigger for completion because we don’t want to waste licenses. 
  2. Training material: Quiz Completion: Answer question correctly. Pain Point: Many users do not know how to explore our pages or where. They mostly use our search bar when they already know the course they want to take. Notes: Question: Find a picture of an animal on one of the pages and tell us what that animal is. Answer: Otter 
  3. Training material: Quiz Completion: Answer question correctly. Pain Point: New users have trouble adding .ICS files to their calendar. Either they don’t know it’s there, or they get stuck. Notes: Question. Sign up for an Instructor-led training course called “Dummy course”. Enroll in a session (it is a year or two out). Add it to your calendar using the instructions in the email. If you get stuck, use the Help button. What is the file type used to add to your calendar? Answer: ICS or .ics

This feels so short for a scavenger hunt! Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated (especially if there are pain points that you think would be universal for everyone). Note: we would like to keep this automated. This eliminates the use of badges, but we considered adding a bonus question for a badge. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Fun! Make sure to have a maintenance process/reminder for managing the course and enrollments related to item 3 :) Easy to get forgotten about in the long run.

Do you have any thoughts to maybe levels of things to show them, like these are the initial and basic, but after some period of time adding some moderate and then advanced tips?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Bfarkas Thanks! What do you mean by “reminder for managing the course and enrollments related to item”? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas Thanks! What do you mean by “reminder for managing the course and enrollments related to item”? 

What I mean is that I imagine you are making a dummy course for this that is far in the future today….but as this is not a high priority over time and that session comes closer, might need to update it or cancel it and make a new one, or other management to keep it functioning in your intended way described above.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Bfarkas Ah yes, which is why I was hoping to schedule it a year or two out. So we would only have to update once a year or so. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas Ah yes, which is why I was hoping to schedule it a year or two out. So we would only have to update once a year or so. 

100% was just a reminder to put a reminder on your calendar :)