ILT completion notification

• 25 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We have completed some in-person training and we would like to issue the certificates through Docebo.

We have created an ILT and enrolled all of the learners.  What I need is to have a notification that triggers when their attendance is marked as complete that will tell them they have a certificate ready for download and direct them to the course to download it.

I have tried the following and I can’t get the notifications to trigger:

Learner completed a course

User passed ILT session - doesn’t feel like it’s the right one, but couldn’t think of anything else to try

When the session is marked as attended, the course is marked as complete and the certificate is available to download, so that side is working as expected.  What can I do to get a notification to send?

The notification is active, the correct course is chosen, it should go to users (the people tested on are powerusers/superadmins, but are enrolled in the course as learners).  I’m really at a loss here.

I know I could do it via a learning plan (we have them set up on other learning plans and they work fine), but we would like the the certificate they download to be the course cert as it has the session dates on it and want to be able to to put the link to the specific course in the notification, rather than explain to them how to find it.

Ideally, we’d like a notifcation that also includes a download link for the cert, but from looking in the posts here, it seems that isn’t possible on course level.

Can anyone help me out? :(

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dan_baines if your testers are power users or supers, they would not receive the email destined for users. This is why I always use a dedicated user test. account. Or you can do the reverse and create manual PU & SA accounts and leave the user profiles (real profiles) as users only.

As for the links to a cert, you're right, there is no option (shortcode) for that. Best I was able to do is to rip a link from the User Personal Summary that goes directly to the Course tab where they can retrieve their cert. it would look something like this:

/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3DmyActivities/index%26tab%3Dcourses 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@dan_baines I used "User passed ILT session” notification and linked session completion URL into the email verbiage.

So, whenever learner receives session completion email, he/she has to click the wording "Download your certificate”, link will redirect them into the session completion page where they can download the certificates.

Session completion page URL: https:// (ur LMS link) / learn/course/course ID/session/Session ID/session-name

You cannot use certificate option if you're offering multiple sessions into a single ILT course... 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @dan_baines if your testers are power users or supers, they would not receive the email destined for users. This is why I always use a dedicated user test. account. Or you can do the reverse and create manual PU & SA accounts and leave the user profiles (real profiles) as users only.

As for the links to a cert, you're right, there is no option (shortcode) for that. Best I was able to do is to rip a link from the User Personal Summary that goes directly to the Course tab where they can retrieve their cert. it would look something like this:

/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3DmyActivities/index%26tab%3Dcourses 

I tried it with regular users and it still didn’t work.  none of my trouble shooting identified the problem.  Decided to delete the course and the notification and start again.  Copied and pasted all the information across for both, registered the attendance and voila! worked first time with superadmins and power users.  No idea where the issue was.

and thanks both for the recommendations regarding the certificate.  I suspected that it would need to be done this way.  not sure why there isn’t the same option for a shortcode as there is with the learning plan completion!