Question

ILT Event notification

• 9 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Good morning all,

in our ILT courses, we have multiple events inside one session and we’d like to set up a notification before the start of every event. The problem is that notifications are set to be sent before the start of the session. I was wondering if someone of you had the same issue and how you solved it. I don’t think it’s possible to use a webhook because there’s no event which may trigger the webhook.

Any advice?

Elisa

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @elisa.torazza not the most elegant solution but the same notification for the session can be sent AFTER the session starts...It might take some math to figure exactly when to send them but you could try using that option and update your text accordingly.

Badge

Hi @lrnlab and thank you for your advice! It seems like the best option at the moment! 
Even if it seems that for every event we need to setup this notification, so it’s lot of manual work and it will require to be changed anytime an event will be planned at a different time from the usual schedule.
Moreover, I was thinking that if I have different courses, with events happening at different times, that notification will not be consistent for all, wii it?
Thank you again!

Elisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@elisa.torazza I understand...you could try making the notification text general in nature so it can be used for multiple courses (or like group of courses/events) and simply add a link back to the session (which should be a dynamic link)

Badge

@lrnlab yes, I’ll investigate it. Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 2

Hey @elisa.torazza ! Have you tried the notification “ILT event starting”? It let you send a notification before or after an event (hours, days and weeks). :)