Question

Info Box Toggle

• 27 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Has anybody else found that the page info boxes always appear, every time you log into the platform? I have clicked the “Show Page Info Boxes” button to toggle them off many times, but they toggle back on the next time I log in. It has become extremely annoying as an admin who accesses the system many times per week. Curious if anybody else is experiencing what seems like a bug in the UI…

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is normal behaviour and only holds for as long as you have the session open. If you log out and back in, they will appear again. You would need to use CSS to hide them permanently.. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

It happens if you log in as another user - both for that user AND for your own account when you return to it. I agree that it is VERY annoying, and the system should be able to recognize that you’ve seen it 10,000 times before. Shouldn’t have to turn it off as new users likely benefit from it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree @JGildea think there are a few ideas on this you can vote on…

using CSS - as above but maybe you can add your voice in asking Docebo to make this part of the product.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’d really rather Docebo just fine-tuned it correctly so that they show when you’re new and stop after you acknowledge them. No need to reset them every time you log out. Users are smarter than that.

Userlevel 3

I think the best option would be a system level setting to hide/disable this altogether. The ‘?’ is also misleading, people take that icon typically signaling ‘questions’ or ‘help’. Until I found this comm post, I still had no idea what this was as clicking it on and off impacted nothing I could see lol...

Userlevel 3
Badge

I think this button and functionality is pointless. I would like to change the text to Support/Help and then have it hyperlink to our ZenDesk support page. Does anyone know how to do that by changing CSS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think this button and functionality is pointless. I would like to change the text to Support/Help and then have it hyperlink to our ZenDesk support page. Does anyone know how to do that by changing CSS?

There are a few threads around for how to do this, as it is a frequent topic. It is a moving target however. I try to keep the most current one available on Fark.Tools so that it is just a toggle option.