Question

Is there a way to make badges private-per-branch?

• 30 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Some of my member companies have stated they are unwilling to make or use badges that other companies (branches)’ power-users can see. I don’t see the LP names and descriptions as that-confidential, but I do agree it is not good.

Is there a “fix” for this of any kind?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Maybe it wasn’t learning plans. Something else like that. Gamification maybe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrodman Have you tried assigning the learning plans to the specific Power User in the Resources settings? Power User A is assigned LP 1, 2, and 3 while Power User B is assigned LP 4, 5 and 6? When I’ve tried this, the only LPs that appear on Admin > Learning Plans are the ones assigned to the particular power user. If you keep up with the global configuration (such that every Power User only sees their LPs, that should get you to where you want to go.

If any of the member companies have super admins, however, that would mean all bets are off.

Not sure about gamification…

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah, LPs looks fine to me. I think it was gamification.

All branches can see all badges, right? Like the criteria for the badge, the name, the description. They did not like that these are not private per-branch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrodman I just checked the categories of permissions for Power Users, and Gamification is listed, so looks like something might be possible.

Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.