Issues with [bank_details] short-code on "New Wire Transfer Transaction" notification?

• 27 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone!

Reaching out here to see if anyone happens to know the answer.  We are moving towards going live with the Wire Transfer feature of the platform (we have it set up in our sandbox currently), but I’m running into an issue with the Notification.

I have the notification mostly built, but where I use the short-code [bank_details] in the notification, no information is populated for that short-code when I use it.  

I have the bank account details filled out on the Wire Transfer configuration screen, but are the bank details supposed to be coming from somewhere else in the platform?  Is there something I need to configure in the localization tool?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Annarose.Peterson although we use Wire Transfer too, we don't use the notification...it’s not surprising that this short code doesn't work; am guessing not much attention has been given to that area in a while....have you logged a ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @Annarose.Peterson although we use Wire Transfer too, we don't use the notification...it’s not surprising that this short code doesn't work; am guessing not much attention has been given to that area in a while....have you logged a ticket?

I was hoping you might know since I knew you were using the Wire Transfer feature!  I have a support ticket open too, but thought I might have some luck on the community as well. 

Also curious - the email field from the Billing Information field doesn’t seem to be populating anywhere else within the system.  (Or at least I couldn’t find it anywhere when I was testing it). I kept finding where ever the email information is populated (transaction screens or reports), it’s the email address associated with the user profile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Annarose.Peterson we only use it to ‘fake’ a “Bill Me” option...we don't actually accept wire transfers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Annarose.Peterson we only use it to ‘fake’ a “Bill Me” option...we don't actually accept wire transfers

This post helped inspire us to adopt something similar!!! 🎉

Userlevel 6
Badge

HI @Annarose.Peterson, I’m glad to hear you’ve opened a ticket with our support team! We appreciate you letting us know about issues with any of our LMS features. As this is being dealt with via support, I’m going to convert this to a conversation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @elliott.vickrey!  Once I hear back I will post an update on this thread. :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Update in case anyone was looking to use this short code, it is actually broken and the tier 2 team is now looking at it.