Best Answer

Learning Plan Time Completion Display

• 16 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

What is the difference between the two times displayed with Learning Plans? 

I’ve searched a number of different sites and can’t seem to find the answer.

icon

Best answer by KMallette 16 September 2022, 19:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jordandb Do you add the estimated time to your plans/courses? The first number is the actual time in the plan; the second is that estimated time.

Regards,

KM/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 2

@jordandbDo you add the estimated time to your plans/courses? The first number is the actual time in the plan; the second is that estimated time.

Regards,

KM/Viasat, Inc.

Thanks @KMallette ! We have only recently started adding the estimated time to courses. I did not see a place to add the estimated time for Learning Plans, so it must be pulling that time from the estimated time of the courses included?

Userlevel 3

@jordandbDo you add the estimated time to your plans/courses? The first number is the actual time in the plan; the second is that estimated time.

Regards,

KM/Viasat, Inc.

Thanks @KMallette ! We have only recently started adding the estimated time to courses. I did not see a place to add the estimated time for Learning Plans, so it must be pulling that time from the estimated time of the courses included?

Jordan, yup! Assume you set “average time” for 3 courses in an LP to 20 min, 35 min and 15 min. The times added up = 70 min or 1 hr 10 min. The LP estimated time displayed on the LP card would be 1:10. ✅

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a way to get an aggregated report of the actual time? I want to see how accurate my estimates are and update my course times to give a realistic expectation to my learners.

Userlevel 2

Is there a way to get an aggregated report of the actual time? I want to see how accurate my estimates are and update my course times to give a realistic expectation to my learners.

Yes, you can get this information from the Reports section, but this would be at the course level for each course, not the Learning Plan. Also, I’ve found that the actual time can have a large variance because if a user leaves the course window open it counts that as time in the course. I’ve seen actual time as multiple hours for a 20-minute course for this reason.