Best Answer

Merge courses

• 10 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

What is the best way to manage duplicate courses? Is there a way to merge two courses and still maintain the sessions/events/enrollments/completions?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 10 November 2022, 17:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Not to by knowledge but what an interesting feature that would be

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab we had that feature in our last LMS and it really helped keep the database more tidy since we had several admins entering completion data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah, nothing native, closest I’ve gotten is basically exporting info on one and importing it into the other.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I've only seen the user account merge and not the course merge in other LMSs that I've used. Interesting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Susan Powell - good morning - can you go one step deeper? And describe the use case.  Maybe there are pieces of the puzzle that are available that can help.

Something like: I have course A and I want to move all the enrollments over to course B (which the system does support via the UI when you copy a course).

Is it that both courses are active? Are you looking to use a third course as a “container” only?

@Bfarkas are you able to import the student progress, too? I don’t think there’s a way, but just thought I’d ask before I import and then update the progress manually for each student. 😊 Thanks!

(Backstory - we have two identical classes that we present to different audiences because each needed a unique certificate. That is no longer the case so we want to merge the two courses, enrollment, progress, etc. if possible.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

When I did the importing, I did it via API so yes I could set statuses, not progress through packages/modules but overall course status.