Best Answer

MS Teams Video Conference ID for Event Upload via CSV

Userlevel 4
Badge

Has anyone figured out how to identify your instructors’ Video Conference Account IDs, and how they should be displayed on the .csv file for upload?

TIA!

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 6 December 2022, 22:57

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Havnt done it with Teams, but for other video conference tools I end up getting the IDs using the API browser. Have not looked to see if also available in the source code or in the url in certain conditions, can do so when back at a computer. I do the browser though as I can pull the full list of known users instead of one by one. This is a perfect use for an article series I am working on, tagging here to circle back once it’s out, but you don’t need to be comfortable with APIs to do it. 

Userlevel 1

I have the same question but don’t know what it means to use an API browser. Looks like it has to be a number according to this article but I can’t figure out how to find the Account ID. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Alright, sorry was away from machine for longer than expected. Two ways to find this number, going to do each in a post here:

1. In the Front End User Interface:
    1. Log into your Docebo instance.
    2. Use the top admin gear to navigate to the ‘Manage Teams’ area.
    3. Select the ‘...’ on the account you are interested in and select edit.
    4. Look in the URL bar and there should be a number at the end, that is the ID (/learn/msteams/edit/13 - 13 would be the ID).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For the second way, use the API browser, the advantage here is you can get the full list of accounts in one go:

1. Log into your instance of Docebo.
  2. Navigate to the API browser by adding /api-browser to the end of your core url, i.e. https://example.docebosaas.com/api-browser
  3. On the left hand pane, on the ‘Services’ drop down, make sure that ‘Learn’ is selected.
  4. Scroll down and select the ‘Webinar’ category.
  5. Scroll down and look for ‘Get Account List’
    Note: There is a unique ‘Get Account List’ for each virtual platform type, i.e. zoom, teams, blue jeans, etc. Make sure to find the right one. The easiest way to check is to select it and look at the URL at the top and make sure the right company is listed, here it says ‘msteams’:
  6. At the bottom of the middle column of that area, select the ‘OAUTH’ button and log in.
  7. Then click the ‘TRY’ button. You should get a box in the middle that will show the first 10 accounts, the ID is the first line per item:
  8. That’s it, you can convert this list to a csv using either an excel import or an online JSON to CSV converter and you’d have the list.

One note, is it will paginate the list, so by default the first 10 are shown. If you want to make the page size bigger, you can go to 200 by adding that to ‘page_size’ and then click ‘Try’:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Oh, I got all excited!!! But, unfortunately, the Manage your Microsoft Teams accounts area doesn’t have an individual screen like this. When you choose Edit, it opens a pop-up on the side and the URL remains the same. 

I did ask one of our admins who uses API if he could pull the information, and he did. It’s none of the values shown on the account screen - it’s a number associated with a row in the MS Teams table on the back-end. Totally not intuitive. Or they should just show the field on the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh, I got all excited!!! But, unfortunately, the Manage your Microsoft Teams accounts area doesn’t have an individual screen like this. When you choose Edit, it opens a pop-up on the side and the URL remains the same. 

I did ask one of our admins who uses API if he could pull the information, and he did. It’s none of the values shown on the account screen - it’s a number associated with a row in the MS Teams table on the back-end. Totally not intuitive. Or they should just show the field on the list.

Right, all these kinds of ID’s are always the internal database ID and is a matter of finding. I don’t have teams configured but figured it was similar to the others, sorry. So for non-teams folks, theres two ways I guess 🙃

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you for the explicit directions to use the API call. That worked!! One quick additional question - you mentioned I can export to Excel or .csv… how do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I generally just use this site:

https://www.convertcsv.com/json-to-csv.htm

and then download the CSV/Excel output.

You can also save that middle box to a file with a .json extension and then use the import function in excel.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Perfect! Thank you for enabling me!

Userlevel 1

Bfarkas that worked for me as well, thank you!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Perfect! Thank you for enabling me!

glad to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Bfarkas that worked for me as well, thank you!! 

excellent!!