My Teams

• 22 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having trouble with manager users seeing the “my team” icon in the menu bar. I set up a user as a manager and added another user underneath him. I went to the manage menu option and added the My Team page to the menu item and “saved changes”, but it does not show up under the managers login. Am I missing a step?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We might need some more detail about your exact setup, but do you have different menus for managers vs. non-managers? If you do make sure you’ve adjusted the visibility of the menu so he can see it. I’ve had trouble in the past too with the way the menus “stack” where it starts with the default and then goes through until the user meets the right criteria before they’ll see the correct menu. Also for us our managers are power users so I have to make sure I’ve added their specific power user profile to the menu visibility, otherwise it won’t show up for them, and they’ll just get the default menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Check the menu visibility for sure...you may also want to check that the manager has both a user assigned to them + the toggle “This user manages a team” to “ON”.

The My Team menu option is dynamic and will only appear for managers (when properly set-up) so you can add it to all your menus (if that’s simpler)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply. I am new to Docebo so I am just trying to navigate through everything. I am testing functionality of something, so I set up two test users, manger and user, a test page, test group (which both users are in) and a test menu. In the menu settings for visibility I selected “Custom Selection” and selected the test group I made which both those users are in. then I have all three boxes checked for the levels “users, super admins, power users”. Under Desktop Maine Menu I have my Test page added and the My Team added. I have it published and saved. When I log into the manager login, I can see the homepage of the test page I made, but when I click on the “hamburger” menu on the upper left, the My Team icon is not visible. 

Hopefully that makes sense...I’ve been messing with this thing for a couple hours now to no avail. 

Userlevel 1

The manager user has an assigned user under it and the toggle is on for “This user manages a team”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sorry, it sounds like you have disown everything correctly but without seeing your setup it’s hard to tell where the issue may be...I can tell you for sure it works as we use it on many menus without issue.

There may be a conflict with your visibility settings on your menus...I know I've had this issue before...you may want to make a copy of your menu but only assign it to users; not everyone. See if that works. Assigning a menu to all levels can confuse the LMS and then it only displays the “default” menu

Userlevel 1

Thanks for all your help, we ended up figuring it out. We had another menu that was pulling “all groups” into it, so the group I wanted to put in my test menu never made it down to the menu I wanted it to. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yup, that would be it...you have to be careful when setting visibility rules for menus...Docebo is easily confused about what to display when there are conflicts/overlaps., glad you worked it out.