Best Answer

Add/edit hyperlinks on Sign In page

• 18 November 2021
  • 8 replies

We are an extended enterprise customers and need help with this – We need some assistance with the new User Branch/Domain that we are creating in LMS.

This new user branch will have self-registration and users will be created manually(Non-SSO). There are chances that many of our SSO enabled clients who already use another branch domain might go to this new branch domain through our community page.

Is there a way that we can add a hyperlink on the new branch sign in page through which we can redirect the SSO clients to their original domain? We want to add that to the Sign in tab where it asks for user credentials.

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 19 November 2021, 23:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’d be interested in the suggestions from others as well… we were evaluating options to have two SSO providers, one for employees and one for external users, but we gave up.

The problem was not only with the links to pages, but also with correct redirects once the session expire and with any links in notifications (which would need to be created separately for each domain, etc.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Manas Pasricha sounds like you would need to build a redirect or landing page before users get to Docebo sign-in page

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Manas Pasricha I’m sure you could achieve some fairly advanced solutions for this scenario via CSS and there may be more technical resources in the community who could help you over in HTML & CSS. With that said, I have a fairly simple solution to add hyperlinks to the standard text of the Docebo login page using the localization tool that might help.

Adding hyperlinks to the Sign In Page via Localization Tool

1. Navigate to ⚙️Admin Gear > Localization Tool
  2. Select the hamburger menu (Translate) beside English
  3. Copy + Paste the following text into the search: Please insert your username and password to proceed (You can also optionally find the key in the login module)
  4. Translate the text, using href attributes to add hyperlinks where desired (see below for an example)
Please insert your username and password to proceed.
<br><br>Need to log in as an employee? Use <a href="Insert URL Here"><b>this domain</b></a>

<br><br>Need to log in as an administrator? Use <a href="Insert URL Here"><b>this domain</b></a>

<br><br>Need to log in as an customer? Use <a href="Insert URL Here"><b>this domain</b></a>

You can obviously customize this text to your liking. Keep in mind that the <br> tags add line breaks, and the href attributes allow you to add hyperlinks. In the following example, I also enclosed the desired hyperlink text with <b> </b> to make the text bold.

Example of multiple hyperlinks on log in page

I hope this helps! Again, there are far more elegant & advanced solutions to be achieved via CSS, but this may get you at least part of the way there.

Thanks all for your inputs.

@Adam Ballhaussen Inputs shared on Adding hyperlinks to the Sign In Page via Localization Tool is really helpful. We can use it for other redirects as well, Thank you!

Considering all the scenarios, we are thinking of creating a sub branch under the parent branch. The parent branch will have SSO enabled whereas the sub branch will be Non-SSO. Users added in the sub branch will also be able to login to the Parent branch URL and at the same time we can keep the customization, branding & course visibility different. Only advantage of going this route is that we can use the same URL for both the branches.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

...I have a fairly simple solution to add hyperlinks to the standard text of the Docebo login page using the localization tool...

OK - I think I am falling in love  :heart_eyes:  with the localization tool…

Seems like it never fails to disappoint.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

OK - I think I am falling in love  :heart_eyes:  with the localization tool…

Seems like it never fails to disappoint.

@gstager I totally agree! There are so many great uses for the localization tool

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Adam Ballhaussen 
@Manas Pasricha 
Hi Manas not sure if the below idea could help with your request above. I think Adam’s is probably the route to go but thought I would share options with you. The only downside to the option below is it will continue to show on some other pages which show the header. 

Please note the Sign in link could hyperlink anywhere just as Adam suggested with the links in the localization tool. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is incredible @gerrodhudson! Thank you for creating and sharing the post. This is a great option for any Extended Enterprise customers looking to spiff up their sign-in pages.