Best Answer

Notification for extended enterprise

• 16 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

In the extended enterprise, we have created a subfolder domain (ourplatform.docebosaas.com/subfolder) for our domain (ourplatform.docebosaas.com) and assigned a branch to the subfolder domain. Then I set up a notification for that branch. But when the user in that branch receives the notification it shows the domain ourplatform.docebosaas.com instead of ourplatform.docebosaas.com/subfolder in the site/course URL . Has anyone encountered this problem or has any idea how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by alekwo 16 December 2021, 10:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I never tried this, as we send all notifications from the main domain, but per the Docebo documentation, when you create the notification you have to be logged-in to the domain which you want to be used in URLs (so this also means, that you have to create separate notifications for each domain).

> The domain in the shortcode URL will refer to the domain in which the notification was created or updated, not necessarily to the domain of the recipient user.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020126259-Managing-and-Sending-Notifications

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@alekwo Thanks for sharing this information. I found this note in the KB.

• If you are using the Extended Enterprise App, remember that your audience for notifications can be influenced by the domain in which the person who creates the notification is logged into. For example, if a message notification is scheduled, it will be sent out based on the domain the notification itself was created in (e.g. the domain where the administrator actually set up that notification). If it’s unscheduled or immediate, it will be based on the domain the notification was triggered in (i.e. where the administrator enrolled a user or where a user enrolled themself).

Just to clarify, hope you can answer this - Does that mean a super admin need to login to the sub-domains, and set up the notification to reflect the sub-domain in the domain-user notification?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just to clarify, hope you can answer this - Does that mean a super admin need to login to the sub-domains, and set up the notification to reflect the sub-domain in the domain-user notification?

Yes, the subdomain in which they’re logged in will be used in the URLs in notifications which they create (or edit).

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@alekwo Thanks for clarifying! Let me test this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes it very important to be logged in under the domain for which you are creating the notifications. We have had some hiccups when it comes to power users accessing notifications built by super admins so one trick i use (with the PU approval) is to login as that PU and then create the notifications. You guarantee that they retain access to edit/update (depending on their permissions) and view notifications meant for their domain. 

Another trick to manage what logo is pulled into a notification is to use the “Code view” ( <> ) and copy the url that pulls in the image. I find this is sometimes easier and definitely quicker to copy the code rather than manually recreating each notification. You can copy and paste the code into your new notification and then update the url that pulls in the logo to make sure it is the correct one.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@alekwo @lrnlab  Thanks for providing this additional information. This is very helpful.