Power Users landing in the waiting list for courses when enrolling in a Learning Plan

• 26 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

We have this issue: some Power Users when self-enrolling to a learning plan, find themselves on the Waiting list for all the eLearning courses in the LP. The courses are open enrollment and there are no pre-requisites in the learning plan.

It’s been happening randomly in all learning plans for some power users for at least the last six months.

We have had several support tickets on it and so far we do not have a solution or a cause that can be determined.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.  Maybe we can compare notes on the characteristics of the users and the learning plans.

9 replies

Userlevel 1

@jmkachidurian did you ever find a solution to this? I have a power user that’s enrolling a group of learners into LPs each month and the people she is enrolling are ending up on the waiting list without any setting indicating this should be happening. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Kristi.  

I am sorry to say we did not.  It only happened with Power Users who enrolled themselves never with learners and the Power User profiles have changed so much in a year that the answer might be moot.

I think in your case it might have to do with your power user permission settings…  The recent changes Docebo has made around enrollment permissions for power users are pretty complex.  I’d start there and maybe get on a chat with support to see if they can help.

Userlevel 1

@jmkachidurian thank you!! I did a little more digging yesterday and believe you’re correct. I appreciate your response!! 

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue @Kristi Jarvis issue in that anytime power users enroll users into courses they end up on the waiting list even though the enrollment permissions are set so that there should be no waiting list and the users should just be enrolled as normal when a power user does this.

I’m looking at the Power User settings and still not seeing anything about how they are set up that would cause this to happen so I don’t know which settings to look at and how they should be changed to get around the waitlist issue.

@jmkachidurian

Are there any common characteristics among the power users who are experiencing the issue? Are the affected learning plans similar in any way (e.g., content, structure, or settings)?

This information may help you identify patterns or potential causes of the issue.

Userlevel 1

@Kristi Jarvis Actually after reading through more posts here in the Community, I’ve found that this is a bug and that it should have been resolved but if anyone is experiencing it still, to submit a ticket (which I’ve just done for myself).

Userlevel 1

@ASykes Wow, looks like that’s an old bug from 2021. It’s still an issue?? I ended up updating our power user’s Enrollment settings to include “Can Activate Enrollments” and think that was the trick for us. 

Userlevel 1

I guess so...at least for me.

I also did notice recently though that some of the Power User settings/permissions changed even though I didn’t change them myself as the Super Admin. For example, our Power Users always had the ability to remove learners from the system and then suddenly one day they did not anymore.

I guess this is something that may have happened with an update? So after one of the Power Users finally brought it to my attention, I was able to go back in and manually give them that permission again. 

@ASykes Wow, looks like that’s an old bug from 2021. It’s still an issue?? I ended up updating our power user’s Enrollment settings to include “Can Activate Enrollments” and think that was the trick for us. 

This fixed it for me too! Thank you for that solution!