Best Answer

PowerUser Profile - Remove access to Question Bank

• 20 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

For our business, our PowerUsers are administrative assistants (secretaries) whose job it is to create training courses for employees to review changes to procedures or policies (i.e., Rev 0 to Rev 1 to Rev 2, etc.)  There are no test questions associated with this type of course.  Although, Docebo allows PowerUsers to have access to the Question Bank.  This poses a huge security and visibility risk as only our Training and Development Team should have access to the Question Bank.  Our questions have been vetted by our SME and should not be altered by anyone other than the Training and Development Department.  See image below for more details

When I remove their "edit" ability, the Question Bank is removed from their view but then they are not able to create the training Course.  Therefore they need to have “CREATE”, “EDIT” and “VIEW” in order to create a Procedure Revision Course. SysAdmins and/or Instructors should be the only personnel allowed to see the Question Bank.

Is there a way to limit permissions to PowerUsers from seeing and having access to the Question Bank?

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 26 May 2021, 16:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

I agree, and I can see where our business could encounter similar situations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It would be a nice feature to be able to have access to question banks as a power user permission.  If you have is an idea out there on the ideas portal, let me know and I will vote it!

Userlevel 3

It would be a nice feature to be able to have access to question banks as a power user permission.  If you have is an idea out there on the ideas portal, let me know and I will vote it!

Hi Annarose.

I’m curious based on your answer...are you a SystemAdmin or a PowerUser?  When our LMS was stood up, SysAdmin’s had visibility to the Question Bank. When the PU was set up to create courses, they also received access to the Question Bank based on Docebo code. Our company does not want every PU’s to have the ability to compromise the integrity of the questions that were vetted by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).  The more people having access, increases the probability of changes to the questions within the Question Bank.

If your company has figured out a way to block PUs, I would be interested in how you accomplished this task.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

hi @LucyGerber 

I’m a Super Admin, and we are set up similarly, if a power user receives the ability to create a course, they can manage the question banks, and it would be nice to be able to manage that as a permission. This way we can have power users that manage courses to some capacity, but not have the ability to control question banks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So I’d like the opposite actually. I would like to allow a group of power users to only be able to add questions to the question bank, and not touch courses. 

Userlevel 3

Hiya,

I know this post is 2 years old but we’re having a similar issue.

We use Extended Enterprise and our instances are used by clients.

We need their power users to be able to create and edit courses, however, with the current permissions setup, they all have access to everyone else’s quiz content which may cause IP conflicts especially for our more academic clients.

We need a separate Question Bank permission group for our Power Users. We’ve also voted for this idea in the portal: 

and will add this comment there as well.

Fiona