Best Answer

Remove FREE from Course cards

• 1 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We like to announce upcoming courses to our users. But on the card I always have the "FREE" that I would like to replace by "TBA" or leave blank. Is it possible? And if yes, how? I tried going to the localization tool and changed all the FREE I could find. Did not change anything.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 1 December 2021, 17:40

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @dr.reinhardt haven't tried leaving the label blank but we did change ours to say “available” instead of free.

Here’s the label you change under the Localization app:

MODULE KEY Original New
app FREE FREE Available

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrnlab - did you post a screenshot?

For some reason I am not seeing one where it maybe seems like you are offering one.

Do you see the screenshot I posted above…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrnlab - Ugh - OK

After I posted I see an image there now. Must be some sort of delay…

Disregard above post.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you so much @lrnlab! Problem solved :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@lrnlab to the rescue! @dr.reinhardt at my previous organization, we translated ours to Enroll as a cue for learners to understand they could enroll into the course. Once they enrolled, it then changed to Enrolled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

How can you change some Course Cards to show a cost and some to leave blank or show Enroll? Because when a user enrolls, then the cards changes to Enrolled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

How can you change some Course Cards to show a cost and some to leave blank or show Enroll? Because when a user enrolls, then the cards changes to Enrolled.

If you set a price for the course, it would display the course fee.

You can change the word free as shown above but it will be an all or nothing with the Localization Tool.

If you change FREE to ENROLL - they will all say ENROLL - no option to leave some blank.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @gstager,

When I click on the Admin Menu > Localization Tool, it just shows languages for our platform.

In the knowledge base (see screen print below), it looks like you can have Free, Cost, Purchased and Enrolled shown, but I did not see that in my Localization Tool.

Can someone please direct me on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Once you go to the Localization Tool, choose the language you want to modify.

English for example…

Click on the hamburger button to the right. 

Then you can search for the text you wish to change.

I recommend keeping a log of all your changes with original and new text.

Hopefully that helps.

Userlevel 1

@JeanetteMcVeigh I just did this and it worked well.