Question

Report of people enrolled on ILT but not attached to session

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Can anyone advise if there is a report that lists all users enrolled on an ILT course but not attached to a session?  I have looked through but new and old reports and nothing seems to identify these people.  The enrolment status on a report mixes up those who are attached to a session and those who are not.  Any advise gratefully received.

I am aware i can do this on a course by course basis, but i want a full report that shows all courses (so we can assess demand for those who want to do a course but cannot do an existing session date. 

Cheers.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KTJD on the Users - ILT Sessions report you can see both the course enrolments and the session enrolments so you should be able to sort on those users not enrolled in any sessions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I had looked a this report but i can see no way of distinguishing between session enrolments and course enrolments.  is there a column that shows this info?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I just created a report that shows their course enrolment and session enrolment.  the report is only pulling out people already enrolled on a session so it excludes the people I'm interested in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes there are columns specific to course enrolments vs session enrolments...make sure you select all options when setting up the report

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

yea but like i  said, those not attached on a session are not appearing on the report anyway so which columns i choose are irrelevant.

I feel like all i do with this LMS is battle against things that should be easy to do.

There must be a good reason why the developers at Docebo though it would be a good idea to enrol on a course and not a session.  So why can’t i easily see a list of these people.

Having a report of people attached to a course but not a session would be a great way of assessing demand.  If i could see there are 15 people who are enrolled on course then it helps with scheduling decisions.

At individual course level there is a filter to show those without a session assigned.  surely there must be a way to show this at global report level for all courses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I thought you were looking for users enrolled in courses that were not enrolled in sessions...this report would show you that as there are separate columns for course enrolment vs session enrolment 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I know its not a report, but I often just use the filters on the course to view these as in that case there was a bug for a while for us, made it easy to find just the users with no session enrollment and actively do actions, not sure the goal of the report is though. If just informational, @lrnlab is right that the columns on that report filtered would show what you need.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

:(   I am.

I have already said those people do not appear in the report you mentioned.  if someone is not attached to a session, they are simply not appearing in a ILT session report.  so again...the separate columns for course enrolment vs session enrolment is irrelevant.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have already said those people do not appear in the report you mentioned.  if someone is not attached to a session, they are simply not appearing in a ILT session report.  so again...the separate columns for course enrolment vs session enrolment is irrelevant.

In that case can you do a course enrollment report and then just do a vlookup/comparison between the two workbooks of who is missing from the session report? Only times I needed this did via API or the in docebo UI method I mentioned since needed to take action, but the two reports compared should get you there as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

In that case can you do a course enrollment report and then just do a vlookup/comparison between the two workbooks of who is missing from the session report?

yep - looks like that's the way to go.  Was hoping to avoid the whole vlookup route.  As mentioned i know i can do a course by course filter, but just wanted a global report for all courses (we currently have 232 of them)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

API will let you do it directly too, but that’s a build. So either way some effort. You could have two master reports with them all and do slightly more than a vlookup and have it look at them all at the same time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

that’s odd @KTJD as I see users who are only enrolled in the course and not a session as well as all enrolled in both the course and session.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I don't know what I'm doing wrong then as the people definitely don't appear in my report. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have you tried running the report without any filters and selecting all View options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@KTJD I am running in the same issue.  If you pull the User - ILT session report, you have to select an enrollment status for the session.  If someone is enrolled in the course shell, but not the ILT session, they do not appear on the ILT Session report. 

I put in an idea to ask to include that view option of “Session Enrollment Date” onto the Users - Course report so that we can filter out those who do not have a session enrollment date, rather than do a vlookup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@KTJD I am running in the same issue.  If you pull the User - ILT session report, you have to select an enrollment status for the session.  If someone is enrolled in the course shell, but not the ILT session, they do not appear on the ILT Session report. 

I put in an idea to ask to include that view option of “Session Enrollment Date” onto the Users - Course report so that we can filter out those who do not have a session enrollment date, rather than do a vlookup.

I do this using the Users - Courses report and then filter for the classes I care about.

Can choose status of all, and under the statistics column there is a choice ‘Number of Sessions’ which will show a 0.

So now you have users enrolled in the courses you selected, and can filter the column for 0 sessions.

Was using this for a while to fix a bug until Docebo squashed it, was accurate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I do this using the Users - Courses report and then filter for the classes I care about.

Can choose status of all, and under the statistics column there is a choice ‘Number of Sessions’ which will show a 0.

So now you have users enrolled in the courses you selected, and can filter the column for 0 sessions.

@Bfarkas I just tried using that report with the Number of sessions and it won’t give me any data in that field.  It always comes up NULL for everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas I just tried using that report with the Number of sessions and it won’t give me any data in that field.  It always comes up NULL for everyone.

Hmm, something sounds off then, I have been using a report like that successfully for over a year now, and just checked and is giving me my 0’s:

Are the iLT courses only?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh wait, are you in new reports or classic? I just tried to build in New Reports and that column is always blank to me, but in the old reports it has been working, so maybe a bug in new reports?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wait, are you in new reports or classic? I just tried to build in New Reports and that column is always blank to me, but in the old reports it has been working, so maybe a bug in new reports?

I was using the New Reports.  So I pulled the report again, I was getting values for people in e-learning as well.  Did a quick check on chat, that Number of Sessions refers to the number of times someone accesses a course and interacts with training material.  Which could work for folks who are enrolled in ILTs with no training materials, but if we are directing folks to access other training material outside of a session, then a number will show up in that column, even if the user is not enrolled into a session.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I was using the New Reports.  So I pulled the report again, I was getting values for people in e-learning as well.  Did a quick check on chat, that Number of Sessions refers to the number of times someone accesses a course and interacts with training material.  Which could work for folks who are enrolled in ILTs with no training materials, but if we are directing folks to access other training material outside of a session, then a number will show up in that column, even if the user is not enrolled into a session.  

Ah, welp then we are back to a big hole here. Its funny as you can easily filter in in the course interface and via API. Kind of crazy its not in a  report.

I had been using that session report to fix a bug previously and it matched perfectly to those in the bug which were not enrolled in sessions, so interesting I would expect it not to based on that chat definition.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For those interested, this Quick Grabs article covers how to snag this from the API: